Do you run in the rain?

Options
Just wondering how many of you do this? Today is the second day in a row that it has been raining when I woke up to do my run. Today the downpours were very hard and I wouldn't really consider running in them but if it is drizzling again tomorrow I will probably run out of desperation. Now that I run on a consistant basis I am going crazy without being able to do it.

If you do run in the rain, what type of gear do you wear and do you have any tips?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• holli_blue
    holli_blue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If it is a lighter mist or sprinkling I will run outside... otherwise resort to my treadmill.
  • rensker
    rensker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh I definitely run in the rain! Keeps you cooler (but not cold) and feel nice :)
    I have to admit, though, I used to always use that as an excuse not to go out but now I actually don't even think twice other than to wear appropriate gear. By appropriate gear I mean a rain jacket if its pouring and nothing much different. I am more careful about my Garmin too. It's really the same thing anyways because I get wet even when it's dry out by sweating.
    Clothes dry, so do your shoes, and it's fun hopping in puddles!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Same here, second day now I had to skip my daily lunchtime walk due to the rain. I am contemplating going for a jog this evening. I would in the drizzle, but if it keeps pouring like it does now, no way! I'll just have to do a workout dvd or something.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    no i don't run in the rain cuz I live in San Antonio and it hardly ever rains, and when it does, people lose their minds and streets and sidewalks are not safe to drive on much less run on... LOL...
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes!Yes! Go running in the rain - it's GREAT!! Not so good in the winter but this time of year, running in the rain is brilliant - I don't bother with waterproofs as I get wet with sweat anyway (yeuck!) but just the feeling of all this water pouring down over me -I love it! And sploshing through the puddles is brilliant too.......maybe Ive just never grown up!

B x
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes!Yes! Go running in the rain - it's GREAT!! Not so good in the winter but this time of year, running in the rain is brilliant - I don't bother with waterproofs as I get wet with sweat anyway (yeuck!) but just the feeling of all this water pouring down over me -I love it! And sploshing through the puddles is brilliant too.......maybe Ive just never grown up!

B x

This actually got me excited to run in the rain, thanks!