Low calorie deserts?

Options
Ive got company for the next 3 days and I was wondering if anyone knew any low callorie deserts I can enjoy with them? Ive also had a serious sweet tooth the pst few days.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    My usual dessert is one square of dark chocolate that I let dissolve in my mouth so that I can enjoy it as long as possible.

As for a dessert to share, perhaps banana pudding, sliced bananas (and perhaps some berries too), whipped topping, and a crust make of whole or crushed Vanilla wafers? It's not fancy but it's tasty and doesn't have that many calories if you have a small portion.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Do people really expect desserts for 3 days? Honestly I'd just buy a lot of fruit, and maybe make some brownies/bars/cookies or something (that you can easily have a couple of/cut in small squares). And buy some ice cream. People love ice cream, and you can have as much (or as little) as you want, and it won't go bad.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Angelfood cake with berries and fresh whipped cream always looks pretty and fancy, and I find scratches a sweet tooth without being too calorie-dense.

This^

Angel food cake is fat free.

Fruit skewers - serve with a flavored Greek yogurt dip

Baked apples are yummy
  • lizzieloo934
    lizzieloo934 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I usually do a fruit tray with some dip.
  • MissMichelle1992
    MissMichelle1992 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Do people really expect desserts for 3 days? Honestly I'd just buy a lot of fruit, and maybe make some brownies/bars/cookies or something (that you can easily have a couple of/cut in small squares). And buy some ice cream. People love ice cream, and you can have as much (or as little) as you want, and it won't go bad.

My brother in law is a huge sweet guy (I have no idea how he is so thin) and the others not so much, but I like to be a good hostess so I figure, make two deserts and they can choose.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Fruit and cool whip or whipped cream or cottage cheese

I like strawberries with cool whip and I'll melt a Ghirardelli square and drizzle it on top. Or a mix of strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries with cottage cheese.

Or you could just fit some brownies, ice cream, or what have you, into your calories. You won't gain weight from enjoying your time with your friends and having a small dessert within your calorie count. If you're worried about it being filling (since brownies are just a bunch of sugar), look up recipes for cookies/brownies/cupcakes made out of protein powder. Filling, probably slightly lower in calories, and I hear they still taste amazing if done right. You can buy sample packs of protein powder at many vitamin/health shops for like $1.99 (USD)
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Don't know how low cal you're looking for, but I bought double chocolate cookies from the walmart bakery pretty often and would eat 1 for a desert. They're 150 calories each, and they have other types of cookies.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I love doing "make-it-yourself" strawberry shortcakes. That way people can choose to have the cake and add chocolate syrup if they want (or whatever), and you can choose to have cut-up strawberries and just the whipped cream if you don't have room for anything more that day.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You could make the pie with a graham cracker crust, sugar free jello mixed with fat free cool whip. I make it sometimes and just put it in single serving bowls without the crust. It is yummy and very low calorie.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • aleencarraec
    aleencarraec Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake with fruit. So yummy!
    seska422 wrote: »
    My usual dessert is one square of dark chocolate that I let dissolve in my mouth so that I can enjoy it as long as possible.

^^^ Letting a pip of chocolate dissolve on your tongue releases endorphins, so enjoy that chocolate for more reasons than flavor! :)

Also, pudding is a really good low calorie dessert, especially if you make it with almond milk.

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Fat free pudding or jello with cool whip in top.

Fat free frozen yogurt with salted peanuts.

The strawberry shortcake idea posted above sounds SO awesome! I want to make them soon!
  • lpappas84
    lpappas84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste has a delicious and light chocolate chip cheesecake. I made it for the Superbowl a few years ago and it was a hit! Check out the blog, lots of great lighter meal, appetizer and dessert ideas.
  • MissMichelle1992
    MissMichelle1992 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
    I love these ideas! They arevall very helpful.