you wanted motivation....

Options
Well I reached that place in my journey. I was going at it, really enjoying myself, seeing the difference, having my NSVs and SVs. Then yesterday hit and I went into a slump. I was fed up, couldn't be bothered, and didn't see the point. For some reason I couldn't understand why I was doing this anymore and it wasn't happening fast enough for me all of a sudden when all along I was like "slow and steady wins the race."
I tried exercising, I got a stitch, I ate my calories and still felt fed up. Then I came on here.
Anyone who is starting this, I truly believe you have come to the right place. It is a journey and some days you will be high as a kite and we will be there to celebrate it with you and give you a hearty whoop whoop but more importantly like I found yesterday (and yes I do have a tear in my eye writing this) when you are fed up, disheartened and demotivated, MFP is here for you. I don't know how, but people I had never met but have shared more with than close friends made me laugh, picked me back up and this morning I woke up and did my 25 mins on elliptical, came on here and reached a new point in my journey. I wrote my weight on my signature. I haven't had the balls to do that until now.
We are all so amazing and this is a journey and I want to thank each and everyone of you that replied to my post and picked me back up. I will return the favour.
So newbies... you have found the secret/ the holy grail/ the answer to many questions. It lies here at MFP. It's your journey but occasionally you might need carrying and that's what we are here for!

Replies

• paigeasaurxx
    Options
    I'm new here so this made me smile :] Congrads on being able to push through and good luck!
  • TheBakerGirl
    TheBakerGirl Posts: 151
    Options
    love this. keep up the good work!!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I am also addicted to MFP for support! It's so hard to find other people who have the same goals out in the "real world" and it's nice to be able to share our journeys together on here :)
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. Well said! And good for you for pushing through!!!!!!!! The journey may not be an easy one, but it will be worth it in the end!!:bigsmile:
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I love this post. You are so right! MFP is there for those days (and I have them every other week, sometimes every 5 days haha) we want to throw in the towel, give in to that party that's coming up with the tempting food, give up when patience is not on our side and we are fed up!

Congrats on your journey, and the start of your success. Keep up the AMAZING work!!

God bless
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I've "tried" 100 times before to lose weight with little success. I'm tired of being the fat girl. The people on this site have given me so much support and motivation (LOVE seeing the before & afters!). It's awesome!
  • EddieSmiles
    Options
    It's amazing how technology has so aided us, isn't it? My friend has lost over 50 pounds just using MFP as a tool, so she inspired me to try. Thank you for repling to my post about frustration and encouraging me to add you. It's nice to have others who motivate you. =)
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Very inspiring.....and so so so true!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sessaleigh
    sessaleigh Posts: 45
    Options
    I love me some MFP. HUGE motivation help!!!! Anytime I need advice or encouragement there are dozens of people there to assist me. What I love best, is the people care. We all really care about one another because we get the challenges, we know the rewards, and want to see each other succeed.