Three weeks in; how are you doing?

Options
danielasaur
danielasaur Posts: 63 Member
I started eating Keto and tracking my food about three weeks ago, and in that time I lost 10.5lbs! I am beyond impressed with the results on the scale that MFP has given me, I know I for sure could not have done it without it! I know these kind of early results are likely not going to last, but I'm curious to read: is anyone else on here at the three week mark? How are you feeling? Any progress made? Motivation? I'd love to hear from people in similar places!

Replies

• Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What is Keto?
  • danielasaur
    Options
    Short for Ketogenic diet, where you eat low carbs high fat, average protein! I haven't gone full out in upping my fat intake so far, rather I'm focusing on keeping my daily net carbs in the 20-25 range, but it's working out pretty great for me so far! It helps that I'm also keeping my calorie count pretty low :P I decided to try Keto since my sister took it up about 5-6 months ago and she's lost close to 60lbs in that time! She works from home so it's easier for her to be really diligent about the food she eats and prepares than it is for me, but I've yet to have a day where I go dramatically above the 20g of carbs a day mark, so I feel pretty successful! It's been a lot more manageable than I thought it would be! I'm down with a cold now though and it's been tough not to cave in and make some carbo-loaded chicken potato noodle soup
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I might have to look into more. Carbs are the devil for me. I hit those before the protein every time.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What's your macros in keto diet? I am currently 40% C, 30 P, 30 F
  • danielasaur
    Options
    My macros are right around %5C, 25P, 70F! Although I often meet my protein goal and stay below my carb goal, hitting the day is really hard for me, as is hitting a minimum 1000 calorie goal, because the thing about Keto is that you just aren't HUNGRY often, so I often have to force myself to eat something so I don't end my days between 500-800 calories!
  • danielasaur
    Options
    Although to be fair, it's gotten easier this past week, so like with anything, it's about practice, time and patience!