Green Smoothie Diet

Options
JJ Smith is starting another round of the GSD March 21 I'm excited to take part in it. Anybody ever tried it?

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    No. What is it exactly? Is it a diet consisting only of green smoothies? I enjoy a smoothie every so often but I prefer to eat my food.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I suppose I do it, but only because I make a smoothie for breakfast every morning. It is fast and I can drink it on the go. I don't ever follow a "diet", I just eat healthy everyday. My smoothie consists of fruit, spinach and greek yogurt!!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    What does this "diet" consist of? Personally, I'm not one to follow a "diet" I'd much rather focus on making a lifestyle change to something that is sustainable for a lifetime. I have no issue with having a smoothie every day if you are making healthy food choices as well, but anything that touts itself as a "cleanse" or a "detox" or promises unreasonable amounts of weight loss in a short period of time, is probably something that should be avoided.
  • marissam08
    marissam08 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I tried it but I was still eating healthy food because that diet it's very strict, for sure it does work! I lost around 5 pounds but didn't do it how you suppose to do it. I just did it to have some ideas of what to eat. I now some people that did it and they ended gaining back the weight because what you have to change its your life style. It's a good thing to use it as advice.
    I still taking 1 or 2 green smoothies a day! As a snacks but I have my breakfast, lunch and dinner!:)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    There is something to be said about actually chewing our food. A green smoothie occasionally is not so bad. As long as you can, enjoy chewing whole healthy food. It sounds like a fad diet, not overly good for you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    21 Day Anything screams temporary dietary change. That's great if you have a very nominal amount of weight to lose, and you are someone who already KNOWS HOW to maintain a healthy weight.

Most of us are not here because we need to knock off 5 pounds. Most of us should be looking for real lifestyle changes, not temporary dietary changes.

No fad diets for me, because I've done the whole yo-yo thing too many times already.
  • QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I once did a three day juice fast. It was great! Not something that can be maintained long term at all, but it helped my body learn what actual hunger was and not the "i'm bored" hunger I think is real hunger.

I was mega exhausted at times, but I slept super great and after I did have some calories I would feel AMAZING.
  • Relle209
    Relle209 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did a green smoothie in the morning and ate protein and veggies for lunch and dinner for 10 days straight lost 10 lbs
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Questions to the people that lost weight, do you feel you were logging more accurately because you knew exactly what was going into it? Were you at a bigger calorie deficit because you were ingesting it, the same, or a higher amount of calories?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    Questions to the people that lost weight, do you feel you were logging more accurately because you knew exactly what was going into it? Were you at a bigger calorie deficit because you were ingesting it, the same, or a higher amount of calories?

I did a week long juice fast and lost weight due to the huge calorie deficit. I had fatigue and headaches, and don't recommend it.

I wasn't using MFP at the time, and wasn't logging.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Diet implies that you will eventually go off of it. Just eat well rounded, clean, and yep smoothies are a great part of that, but so is fish, hearty grains, etc. Make your "diet" just a smart way of eating until you are old and grey. (my thoughts about this thread now...don't bash the old lady...)