Soooooooo...... Open minders

Options
13»

Replies

• charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I haven't delved into transcendental meditation yet, but I do some guided meditations on the regular. Also, namaste yoga. I don't find the latter to be as spiritual as some do, though. Probably because I'm fighting hard not to fall on my face or shake myself into a pile on the floor.
  • ashleystidham
    ashleystidham Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Have been working towards a higher consciousness for a couple of years now and have learned so much about myself and the Universe (despite that I'm an astrophysics major ☺️)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Any third eye, transcendental fellows out there. Oneness. Source. Namaste.

A bit.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I hear voices
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I saw "open minders" and thought open marriage....disappointed...
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I saw "Open Reminders" and was like, what the heck... am I reading office emails?

Oh man. This is right up my alley.

Source = Abraham Hicks? That's good stuff. When I was "going through it" that and the work of Louise Hay rekindled my fire. Also very fond of Moojiji.

It's actually quite funny, he had a session on New Year's Eve where he said to the audience "some of you are only here when things are going bad in your life, when things are good you're out partying". That struck a chord with me right now. Although I'm not partying, I do stray away from self-introspection when my life is going smoothly.

Cool topic. "Open minders".... lol, never heard that one before.

• Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a fb friend in Oregon, and her pics of the landscapes are beautiful. I like Colorado, from what I've seen, researched, and heard from a couple people who've lived there. IDK. I'm a simple gal, from Tennessee.... Born and raised. And I went to an amazing private college there, called Carson - Newman College. Hard *kitten*. But I loved it all. I've never done anything the easy way, unfortunately. Lol. I'm too defiant and rebellious. And still I'm at 37 years old. Time is an illusion. Love is love. Let's all spread it! And, raise pure hell on animal abusers. Sorry, I just had to say it. I love all of you on this journey with me. Please give me support and add me. I'm not a weirdo. Well, kinda. Lol. Hit me, hit me, hit me in the face, 'cause I don't know how to add people.
    Unicorns & Rainbows!

You're not a weirdo? What are you doing here?
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I remember awhile back stumbling on this video on opening the third eye. I played it at night with the lights turned off and my mind in a calmed state. What I experienced was incredible. I don't want to write up a long account of what I felt but let's just say I recaptured a bit of essence from my childhood. I went back to a place my mother used to take me and I felt completely bathed in love. In that moment I recaptured how carefree life once felt.

I've only played the video once as I believe my experience was to be treated sacred. I don't think it's a good idea to chase a higher consciousness. I believe it finds you when the time is right so long as you stay open to it.

I don't recommend playing it you've had a long day or not in the right state of mind.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CvME_EylPXU
  • ashleystidham
    ashleystidham Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I saw "Open Reminders" and was like, what the heck... am I reading office emails?

Oh man. This is right up my alley.

Source = Abraham Hicks? That's good stuff. When I was "going through it" that and the work of Louise Hay rekindled my fire. Also very fond of Moojiji.

It's actually quite funny, he had a session on New Year's Eve where he said to the audience "some of you are only here when things are going bad in your life, when things are good you're out partying". That struck a chord with me right now. Although I'm not partying, I do stray away from self-introspection when my life is going smoothly.

Cool topic. "Open minders".... lol, never heard that one before.

I love Abraham Hicks! Check out Kryon if you want! Says things that you know are true because you feel them in your heart and soul
  • chelle782015
    chelle782015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try some of Jason Stevenson's meditations on YouTube. He's wonderful. I listen to him every night. It's like having someone beside me. His voice is really soothing.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Never been to a yoga class. Would like to try it since I run a lot. Which is best for a beginner?
  • joeross155
    joeross155 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try yoga
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    chaney3000 wrote: »
    Never been to a yoga class. Would like to try it since I run a lot. Which is best for a beginner?

A beginning yoga class :)

But seriously, yoga classes at gyms should be fine for someone who runs. You won't have the flexibility of the more experienced class members, so do avoid being competitive with them and just listen to your body.

I recommend against styles like Bikram/Hot Yoga or Power/Ashtanga for those new to yoga. You're not likely to find these at gyms, however.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've done Yoga with my ex-girlfriend at a gym.
    She would always get so mad because I would seem distracted.
    Imagine that.

Looking is human. But if you are looking so much that you are noticeably distracted, you're no longer casually looking and have passed into ogling, which is not ok.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    chaney3000 wrote: »

A beginning yoga class :)

But seriously, yoga classes at gyms should be fine for someone who runs. You won't have the flexibility of the more experienced class members, so do avoid being competitive with them and just listen to your body.

I recommend against styles like Bikram/Hot Yoga or Power/Ashtanga for those new to yoga. You're not likely to find these at gyms, however.

if you do hot yoga, i'd highly suggest you read up on it a little and understand how to avoid dehydration, hyperthermia, and heat exhaustion/stroke.