Feeling Larger

Options
I have currently lost a little over 14 pounds. Granted I have a lot left to go since I started at 207 (5'4"), but I actually feel bigger than when I started. My pants even feel tighter. I know that I'm not gaining fat and losing muscle because I only eat 1200 calories a day and workout (including weights) for an hour and a half almost daily. What could be going on?

Replies

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far!

It could be water retention that's making your pants feel tighter/more bloated.

May I ask why you are eating 1200 calories a day? You are working out 1.5 hours on a daily basis you say - so you might also be eating less than you should be at how active you are.
  • kaitlinfurby13
    kaitlinfurby13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and a thyroid disorder. I've tried more calories before, but I end up not losing any weight. Right around 1,200 seems to be a good spot for me.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    As long as you're losing I'd just be patient and keep going. Women can get some pretty weird water retention/bloat issues that can temporarily expand things depending on where you are in your menstrual cycle, so I'd be inclined to blame that provided that you are not actually gaining weight on the scale.
  • peachy0987
    peachy0987 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with pp. I think it may be water retention and possibly timing of the month that is affecting my body composition. (I've lost 10 lbs but don't feel much different either)

So, it's not just you! We can keep kicking butt though and one way or another I'm saying sianara to the bulge :)
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 17lbs over 8 months (I know its very slow), and I feel or look no different. I have not gone down multiple dress sizes. My same clothes just fit a bit better. I took before and after photo, they look no different. Its very discouraging. But I telling myself - keep doing what you are doing and results will eventually show.