Say Goodbye to the Fat Girl

Options
You know me. Everyone knows me. I'm the friendly fat girl that everyone always says "what a shame you're so fat because you have a pretty face". For years I've tried to convince myself that I was happy with myself the way I was. And finally this past week I've had enough. I decided it was time to do something about it. So Monday was the start of my new life. I've started eating healthier and counting calories. It's amazing how quickly you can change your mind about eating something when you realize how many calories it has! And I've also started exercising. Monday was brutal. I have always lived a dormant life. I work in an office so I basically sit all day. And when I get home I usually just cleaned and ate dinner and showered and that relaxed until bedtime. So for me to come home and go for long power walks was a drastic change! I'm proud to say that each day I've increased my distance and speed and have begun to enjoy my time walking. I know this is just the beginning. So now I know I can begin to say Goodbye to the Fat Girl.

Replies

• Beehappybaby
    Beehappybaby Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Definitely goodbye to the "you've got a pretty face" fat girl! If I have a £ for everytime someone has said that to me id be rich!!!! Well done for making a change, youve taken the first step and that can be the hardest part. Every day look for the possitves, increasing those distances and times...when the walk becomes a run! When the fat girl is no longer looking back in the mirror; just one hot chick! Keep it up. X
  • bbilliethecat
    bbilliethecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    goodbye, fat girl, good riddance !

hello, temple goddess, you're amazing ! :D
  • saralangille
    saralangille Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why anyone would consider that a compliment. Might as well say you could be not disgusting, but your still disgusting. I hate those people!
  • Latitude11Courtney
    Latitude11Courtney Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    way to go!! All of those changes are going to add up to big results for you!
  • GoodbyeToTheFatGirl
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm on day 5 now and I can say I feel healthier. I think I see myself just a sliver thinner than before Monday but it's too soon to see big changes. But I see it as progress because if I wasn't doing this, I would still be just as fat and unhealthy, so a little progress goes a long way! Hope you are all having a great day. TGIF
  • andrewjbaker1984
    andrewjbaker1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly you can change your mind about eating something when you realize how many calories it has!

Oh yeah absolutely. I never realised how many calories I "wasted" until I started using MFP. It's really inspired me to stop eating as much junk food and look for healthier alternatives!
  • lpappas84
    lpappas84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, you can do it!! I felt that way at the end of last year, and have been working on losing the weight for about two months. About eight pounds down now! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for more support, as I'm always looking for pals with the same-ish goals :)
  • Dumpty393
    Dumpty393 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I get called pretty faced fat girl all the time. Hehe

Jokes aside walking is greaaat. I never did it because I hated the thought of it. I would imagine getting bored before I actually got tired. But now, I just watch a favorite show or just YouTube around and before I know it I'm burning like 300+ calories. I walk on full incline so that helps burn more cals.