Alcohol!

Options
So it's a Saturday night and I've been really good at not drinking "for no reason" but tonight I just really felt like a cider. Four later and I've drunk half of my calorie intake. Surely I'm not the only person that has done this from time to time.

Replies

• kwohl
    kwohl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is the bane of my existence, it totally sucks....I hate it.
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    @kwohl where in the world are you?
    So I've had my four ciders would've definitely been more if I had them in the fridge. And I'm already 60 calories over. I haven't logged dinner which due to the ciders was take away pizza and garlic bread. I've been so good lately, this is the first time I've had alcohol just because for a few months now.
  • kwohl
    Options
    I am not an alcoholic, just a lover of wine with a huge tolerance. My girlfriends in thier 40's and I like to drink and chat and it adds up over three or four hours. I drank a bottle of wine between 2:00 to 8:00 at night...900 calories....ugh...this was last Sunday...
  • freakymistkd
    Options
    I'm no alcoholic either but I do love a social drink. It just always catches me off guard how quickly the calories disappear when you start logging drinks. Not to mention the poor food choices that go along with drinking.
    Thanks for replying to me it definitely makes me feel better to know I'm not alone with this.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    In the end, doing this once and a while will not derail your progress. Once every few weeks I have a bi too much wine or good beer an then nibble away at food like chips. Two weeks ago it was 7 pints and a bag of Doritos when we had friends over. Was over 5000 calories vs my 2300 target for the day. Anyway still on track...still losing. Key is not to make it a habit.
  • kwohl
    Options
    My problem is that I socialize a lot. Wine is always around with my girlfriends. Its difficult to refrain.
  • freakymistkd
    Options
    Thanks @mjwarbeck this is just the kind if thing I needed to hear :smile: