Just started and no weight loss on second week

Options
Hello all,

I started myfitnesspal two weeks ago at 168lbs hoping to eventually get down to 140lbs. I am aiming for 1-2lbs weight loss per week by cutting the calories.

In my first week I lost 2lbs which was great but this week I've lost nothing even though I've been logging all my calories.

It's difficult not to get disheartened, but I'm going to stick with it. Would love to talk to like minded people for encouragement.

Also, lamb sausages 124 calories for two grilled (80g). Can this be right?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    At your current weight and goal weight 2lb per week is probably unrealistic. Aim for an average 1lb per week, as you get closer to goal weight, weight loss per week will be lower.

As to the sausages it really depends on fat and protein content, some sausages are quite high in fat. Is that a user calorie count for the sausages or one you got off the pack?
  • shabs39
    shabs39 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I have been doing some reading and found it was unlikely that I would lose 2lbs every week but was hoping at the beginning I would be able to, to give me some encouragement in the first few weeks.

I got the the calorie count of the pack, but was wondering whether to believe it or not.
  • fitafter55
    fitafter55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also haven't lost a pound for 8 weeks however I did lose 5.5 cm off waistline. I'm 57 weight is 157. I'm still in the overweight category and yes it's frustrating!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Remember that old adage, Rome was not built in a day. You need to understand that you did not gain all the weight in a few weeks, it will take more than a few weeks to lose it. Be patient. Take measurements first and foremost, chest, bust, waist, hips, thighs, biceps and neck. If you are working out regularly (strength training is more important than cardio, and you can do it with bodyweight.) ;) Be patient. I started a new strength training program last week and I'm UP 4 lb, but my clothes don't fit worse. It'll be a few weeks but I'll start seeing results soon enough.

Stick with it. Hormones, food combinations, water intake, mood, exercise intensity, it all factors in, in the grand scheme of things.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    shabs39 wrote: »
    Thanks. I have been doing some reading and found it was unlikely that I would lose 2lbs every week but was hoping at the beginning I would be able to, to give me some encouragement in the first few weeks.

I got the the calorie count of the pack, but was wondering whether to believe it or not.

Nutritional values from the pack should be reasonably okay, there could be an error rate but that can be found in most labels.