abs exercise that really works?

Options
Hi, i managed to reach my weight goal, by eating healthy and working out but I seem to struggle with my tummy, what can i do to get some abs or rather flat stomach, I'm a mother of 2, please assist? thanx in advance

Replies

• thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the skin won't ever be flat again, and you can't spot reduce. But barre classes (or look online for barre exercises you can do at home) are killer for core.

One that we do often in class: Take a small ball (10") and lay on the floor barefoot with the ball between your feet and your legs outstretched. Lift your legs up to vertical so your body is shaped like an L. Reach up and Pass the ball from your feet to your hands and lower legs while raising arms overhead (so your body is fully outstretched again.) you basically look like a V opening to flat and closing up again. Do this slow, with a 4-8count down and up again. We will do this part of the cycle of exercises for about 3 minutes, amongst others in an hour long class. Make sure your lower back stays in contact with the floor. If it's too hard at first, bend your legs a bit.

Fat loss isn't specific to one area, we lose it all over. I've lost inches all over EXCEPT my hips. :neutral: but I'm down 17lbs. The fat loss all over will help reduce tummy fat eventually, but strong core muscles will hold you in more.

Practice doing everything around the house with engaged abs too. It helps. It reminds me that I naturally just let everything relax and look flabby. Which I don't want!
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's true or not but I just read that standing with your feet hip width apart and your arms up and bent at elbows then raising your knee up and leaning over with your side to touch your knees to your elbows 50 times per day is good for the belly I'm sure there is a name for this but I can't remember what the article called it. I'm going to try it as I figure it can't hurt!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. To get visible abs you have to lose fat which is mostly achieved through diet.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Planks, using a roller-you know wheelie thing with handles on both sides-wheel out and in from knees