break outs & exercise

Options
Is anyone else having more break outs with exercise?

I'm noticing back acne which isn't something i usually have.

Any advice?

(Tanning to dry it out is NOT an option!)

Replies

• acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    witch hazel....rub it on your face after workouts....and..are you drinking enough water?
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I break out when I exercise, drink even more water than you are. Wash your face immediately after working out with some face cream. And the worst answer of all, wait your face gets more used to it and you break out less. That is what worked for me.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I didn't even make the connection, but I have been having a little more since I started working out really hard. Lame.
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena body wash! I swear by it, helps my back especially this time of year.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I get the odd zit on my back since working out - what I do is use a tea tree body wash (from the body shop) and if I have a bath (which I do regularly to alleviate muscles after a tough workout), I pop 2-3 drops of undiluted tea tree oil into the bath along with my muscle soak.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    warm sweat and bacteria on the skin is the PERfECT breeding ground for breakouts. If you don't have witch hazel AND you dont suffer from dry skin...try a bit of peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide kills the bacteria that causes breakouts.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I find taking a shower right after - even if it is just to rinse off does the trick for me.

As for your face, I have to wash it BEFORE I work out and after. Just washing after wasn't doing the trick - then I realized my pores are opening up to sweat and all my make-up is getting in there while I'm working out - duh.
  • PlayMySong
    PlayMySong Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, i have been drinking TONS of water. on average 136 oz/day.

witch hazel....rub it on your face after workouts....and..are you drinking enough water?
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't get it on my back, but I have noticed a breakout or two on my hiney, so not sexy
  • PlayMySong
    Options
    Good idea! I will def try washing before & after. My hair gets bleached every 6 weeks so i hate to wash it too much so it doesn't dry out & I would rather wash it before work. I guess I never thought of just getting in there for a rinse! lol. Thanks for the advice!
    I find taking a shower right after - even if it is just to rinse off does the trick for me.

As for your face, I have to wash it BEFORE I work out and after. Just washing after wasn't doing the trick - then I realized my pores are opening up to sweat and all my make-up is getting in there while I'm working out - duh.
  • PlayMySong
    Options
    Good idea! I will def try washing before & after. My hair gets bleached every 6 weeks so i hate to wash it too much so it doesn't dry out & I would rather wash it before work. I guess I never thought of just getting in there for a rinse! lol. Thanks for the advice!

• ccbloom1
    ccbloom1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me! All over my back and shoulders. I tried everything. The Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit bodywash has been helping, but...

Strange question: have you upped your dairy consumption since starting to workout? I started having 1 cup of milk in my protein shake every day. Then I cut the milk and started using almond milk to save calories...and guess what? No new pimples on my back and shoulders. I had a bit of ice cream as a treat this past Sunday, and woke up Tuesday with 2 new ones after not getting any for a couple weeks. Crazy, but if you google it, it's not that uncommon.
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yeah, its the sweat, just make sure you shower after, i use an exfoliating face wash on my back in the shower every day too and a softer one on my face. i also wash my face before working out as well as after because i dont want anything that is sat on my face like dirt or make up to get into it once my pores open up with sweat.

good luck :-)
    x
  • PlayMySong
    Options
    No because I have asthma and dairy aggravates it. So outside of a small amount of fat free cheese on my salad I have been advised by my dr not to consume dairy. I just started taking Caltrate vanilla calcium & vitamin D chews though....maybe that will help!

Same thing happened to me! All over my back and shoulders. I tried everything. The Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit bodywash has been helping, but...

Strange question: have you upped your dairy consumption since starting to workout? I started having 1 cup of milk in my protein shake every day. Then I cut the milk and started using almond milk to save calories...and guess what? No new pimples on my back and shoulders. I had a bit of ice cream as a treat this past Sunday, and woke up Tuesday with 2 new ones after not getting any for a couple weeks. Crazy, but if you google it, it's not that uncommon.
  • PlayMySong
    Options
    Thanks!
    Yeah, its the sweat, just make sure you shower after, i use an exfoliating face wash on my back in the shower every day too and a softer one on my face. i also wash my face before working out as well as after because i dont want anything that is sat on my face like dirt or make up to get into it once my pores open up with sweat.

good luck :-)
    x