Tough love from me to you

Options
I've been logging for ever, but I've been doing MFP style for a couple of months.
I see a direct relation between logging consistently and having success reaching the goal. It doesn't matter that you may have a 4000 calorie day, just face it, log it and keep going all of those with triple digit logging counts do much better than those that have a bad day and instead of facing their habits they turn their face away from the mirror, stop logging and start all over again. I understand there are legit reasons for not being able to log, I'm talking about the ones that don't log because they would be embarrassed. Believe me I know how it feels I've been there.
Then we find them asking why? why me? why am I not able to lose? Sometimes it's painful to have to acknowledge we eat like pigs but recognizing is like breaking ground and then we can lay the foundation. If we hide our behaviors that keep us unhealthy every time we are boycotting our potential success. This is tough love and I'm not calling out anyone but if you stop logging or are not being sincere while doing it, don't ask why it's not happening for you. You can't clean up you act if you stop looking in the mirror (logging).

Replies

• BeachGirl6871
    BeachGirl6871 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    that can be me! i ignore the logging and i gain... i log and i lose... thanks for the tough love!
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    I got really busy for couple months and didn't log and gained back about 3 lbs. I started logging again and I'm down 4 :)
    For me - I need to log in everything
  • laceylovespink
    Options
    me too! I've done the same thing...like if i don't post it, it didn't happen!! great post!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I ALWAYS log -- even if it's just roughly adding up the calories in my heading and doing a "quick add" for a particularly big meal. At the end of the day/week/month, it helps to keep it real -- you know where you've been and can better gauge where you are headed and where you need to go.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    your right, when i have a bad day i should log it!
    instead of pretending it didnt happen.
    Thnx.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - if I don't come here & log, I underestimate my calories & gain. This is waaayyy better than paper & pencil.
  • rbcool
    rbcool Posts: 20
    Options
    I know you are right. Thanks for the tough love.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm all about accountability but different strokes for different folks. What works for one person doesn't for another. So I'm totally with your concept here of facing reality, but, some people don't need to "log" what you call a "bad day" to hold themselves accountable. Just my opinion. :smile:

ETA: I do think it's necessary to log regularly though if you want to see changes. I just don't see the harm (for some people) in not logging every now and then.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love your post...I've seen people admit to logging ONLY if it's positive and I scratch my head. I post positive AND negative (food consumption, exercise AND weigh-ins) - helps me really keep my thumb on things and helps me grow through it!!
    You're spot on with your tough love...thanks!!!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Guilty

guility.jpg
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with this. The most consistently I login, the more consistent my efforts are. I tend to not log in as frequent on weekends because I have a lot going on and my nutrition and goals suffer for it.

Good post!