62 pounds down, 23 more to go (with pics)

Options
packersdan
packersdan Posts: 19 Member
So, I knew I was losing weight, but I really didnt get to SEE the results until Monday night when I was browsing some older pictures on Facebook. I honestly could not believe how big I used to be. I can remember at the time, thinking that I was a bigger guy, but that it wasnt that bad. Now, looking back, its hard to believe that my face was that fat, haha.

So, since I finally noticed the difference, I figured I would go ahead and post the pictures on here as well, since I love seeing the before and after photos.

The only things I have been doing to lose the weight is (1) putting everything I eat in my food log and (2) started going to the gym. It had been about 8 years since I stepped foot in the gym, so just signing up for a membership was a big step for me. Everytime I am in the gym, I run for 45 minutes on the treadmill, and then I hit up the weights. Nothing too rigid, just enough to get sore the next day.

I also eat my calories back from working out, but I still like to be under the goal, just a little.

Let me know what you guys think! I am three pounds away from my initial goal of 220, which means I will get my first tattoo, and then once I lose the final 20 pounds, I told myself I would go skydiving!

BAsmaller.jpg

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You look great and can definitely see the difference! nice work!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!!
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I think you're doing an amazing job...keep up the great work and you'll be at your goal in no time!!!
  • zumba66girl
    zumba66girl Posts: 136
    Options
    Awesome!!! You look great! Congrats and such an inspiration!:flowerforyou:
  • parkgirl1
    parkgirl1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    well done and you can really see the difference...looking good and i bet feeling so much better about yourself too xx
  • xxhollow
    xxhollow Posts: 26
    Options
    You look great! 62lbs is an awesome accomplishment! WTG!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! YOU LOOK GREAT! <( '' )>
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success!!! you look awesome!!!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Amazing what a differnce the lbs can make!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing. Do you still think of yourself as big, now that you aren't?
  • RandaDerkson
    RandaDerkson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    WOW what a huge difference! Good job!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations -- that's a huge accomplishment, and it's pretty inspring that you only had to do some simple things (log and run!) to make some HUGE differences!

Way to go! What are your new goals?
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, man. Lots of weight gone from everywhere. It's especially noticeable in your stomach and face. Keep up the great work!
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    WOW! You look great! such an inspiration. Keep it up!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Wish I could keep losing that fast!!!!
  • packersdan
    packersdan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @Hodar - yeah I still consider myself a big guy, but thats just because I am - at 6'3 and now 220, I am not small by any means, I guess I just dont see that I am small yet because I am surrounded by tiny people, hahah

@kate2004rock - my new goal once I lose the final 3 pounds to meet my initial goal will be to get down to 200 pounds, so another 20. I saw an ad the other day for skydiving and it is something that I have always wanted to do even though I am partially afraid of heights. The fine print on the ad stated that it was meant for people 200 pounds and lighter. Now, I dont know if it was just this company or if that is the guidelines for skydiving in general, but I decided to make that my next goal since I was getting ready to meet my initial goal. So we will see how it goes!

Thank you everyone!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome!!
  • soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    wow!! good job...i just started...can't wait for the before and after pics. congrats!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!