I will make him proud.

Options
Hello! My name is Caden (18) and I have been on a strict diet and workout routine for 68 days now. I am down 48lbs and I'm feeling great. Let me tell you guys a little about myself. In third grade I was told by my doctor that I was "too skinny". So I had to be put on medication that made me eat more... Which spiraled into an inevitable weight problem. I have always felt like the black sheep of my whole family for being the biggest person out of my entire family (uncles, cousins, ect.) at only 17 At that time my heaviest weight tipped the scales at 325lbs. I had realized it was time to change years ago, but never put the thought into action. I have always been teased about my weight and wanted nothing more than to lose it. Then my world turned upside down. My best friend in the entire world, my father, passed away when I was 15. So that really sent me into depression. I'm still coping with the loss every single day.. But I try to drive forward and push myself because I know that's what he would have wanted. I'm doing this for him.. I will not stop until I make him proud. 225... Here I come. CW: 270lbs

Thanks for those of you who took the time to read this. Good luck to everyone trying to change and prove to themselves (and others) what a true warrior you are.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sorry about your loss. Hugs
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Best of luck to you ! Remember slow and steady wins the race :smile:
  • CadenDavid
    CadenDavid Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate it
  • CadenDavid
    Options
  • Lovoas
    Lovoas Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss.

I'm also on a weight loss journey. I've been at it for 68 days as well, and lost 39lb.

You're doing amazing. I look forward to seeing your progress. Add me if you'd like. c:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I just saw you added your picture to your profile. You look a lot like my son. It made me smile so I figured I would tell you :smiley:
  • FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Caden, I am so proud of you for pushing and being strong. I am in a similar boat...would love to support you :) I have sent you an add.
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    Thank you so much! FromFattie2Fittie

• AlMightyTOBIAS
    AlMightyTOBIAS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My dad passed away when I was 15 too, I'm 25 now. I got into weight lifting and it was my outlet and therapy. Stay consistent make it a habit and whenever an impulse or craving or anything that arises to stray you off your path, be aware in the moment, look at it and choose: will this bring me closer to my
    Goal or further away?

Further strategies to Maximize fat loss:
    Raw food diet. Fruits and veggies. Do eat a little bit of meat (preferably grass fed) but if on a budget eggs are cheap and good source of protein. Our body produces 8 essential Aminos and we need the other 3 which are found in animal protein.
    -replace all grains especially wheat with fruit.
    -eat complex carbs such as Yams, sweet potatoes, rice,(look up low glycemic foods)
    -no sugar, no fruit juices or sodas. Spikes insulin too much causes you to crash which imbalances your hormone levels and causes inflammation.
    -2 cups of fruit minimum a day, 2 cups of veggies minimum a day
    For micronutrients we need daily and energetic performance.

Drink 2/3 of your body weight in ounces. Don't dink distilled water but preferably reverse osmosis filtered water. (I suggest getting a few 5 gallon jugs and filling them with water at your grocery store) then use a gallon jug and drink that everyday. Your urinations should be 5 clear ones a day.

Water will greatly increase your energy and shuttle all the nutrients throughout your muscles and organs + flush toxins.

-make green smoothies

-You can even go on a green smoothie diet but I suggest eating a little bit of protein still.

Easy green shake: 1 cup frozen spinach, 1 banana, 1 tbsp of stevia (in the raw), 1 cup frozen berries mix, 1-2 cups of almond milk, cinnamon, ground flax seed, ice. Record the calories of course.

Make sure you eat at least 15-25% of fats per day

.7 per lb of bodyweight in protein is sufficient or less since you're overweight and your lean body mass ratio may be 140lbs of skeletal muscle therefore only need 98grams of protein but everyone may need more or less you can find out if you feel better on higher protein. (Ex. 1g per pound of Bodyweight)

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I lost my mom last year and I've found that exercise has really helped me cope. Sometimes, it's so hard to get motivation to do anything let alone eat well and exercise. But it's also so worth it!

My biggest advice is to know yourself and what you need. If you need to take a break, there's no shame in that. If that helps you maintain consistency in the long run, that's the important part.

Best of luck to you!
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to write all of this for me!! That means a lot! I will try to make use of everything I have read here today. Sorry to hear about your loss. Take care brotha.
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    It truly is worth all of the hard work. And definitely. You have to truly want it. And I have reached down deep and put myself into gear for my father. And for me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm sure your dad would be proud of you!
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    Thanks Jennifer.