I will make him proud.

Options
Hello! My name is Caden (18) and I have been on a strict diet and workout routine for 68 days now. I am down 48lbs and I'm feeling great. Let me tell you guys a little about myself. In third grade I was told by my doctor that I was "too skinny". So I had to be put on medication that made me eat more... Which spiraled into an inevitable weight problem. I have always felt like the black sheep of my whole family for being the biggest person out of my entire family (uncles, cousins, ect.) at only 17 At that time my heaviest weight tipped the scales at 325lbs. I had realized it was time to change years ago, but never put the thought into action. I have always been teased about my weight and wanted nothing more than to lose it. Then my world turned upside down. My best friend in the entire world, my father, passed away when I was 15. So that really sent me into depression. I'm still coping with the loss every single day.. But I try to drive forward and push myself because I know that's what he would have wanted. I'm doing this for him.. I will not stop until I make him proud. 225... Here I come. CW: 270lbs

Thanks for those of you who took the time to read this. Good luck to everyone trying to change and prove to themselves (and others) what a true warrior you are.

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I'm very sorry for your loss. I also lost my father at a very young age, and yes, it is devastating.

I wish you the best of luck!!
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Caden, I'm sorry for your loss and I'm happy you decided to get healthier. I would advise you to take your time in weight loss. It is not a race...health is the ultimate goal and losing too quickly comes with risks. You have lost a lot in a short period of time so I'm worried if you are eating enough to sustain your body basic needs. There is no need for a 'strict' diet, you just need a steady deficit. Please take care.
    I wish you all the best.
  • CadenDavid
    CadenDavid Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Sorry for your loss as well.
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    I was concerned as well so I actually just saw a nutritionist about a week ago and she put me on a good, steady path.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear that. Also this forum is a great place to ask for advice. Many people who lost/are losing a great deal of weight and have been through it all. Don't be shy! Try to aim for max 2 lbs loss a week and concentrate on your health in general. I'm sure your dad would be proud of you already :)
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    Awesome. I just barely stumbled onto this forum just exploring the app. Thought I might gain some new friends and whatnot. Such a kind community of people.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey!
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    Thanks aamb
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi Caden and welcome! I am also very sorry for your loss, I've been there myself. I know your Dad is proud of you already, well done on your achievement! Keep going, we're all in the same boat here and committing to getting healthier is so worthwhile.
  • CadenDavid
    Options
    I know he has been with me every step of the way. Thank you very much. I'm glad to be a part of this community.