Just had chick fil a for first time....

Options
pinggolfer96
pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
extremely disappointed. Just wanted to try it out since you can make healthier options and a lot of people like it. I spent $17 on a grilled chicken sandwhich, 12 piece grilled nugget, and a large superfood salad. First off, the sandwhich wasn't that good, the nuggets are just an overpriced piece of chicken cut up into extremely small pieces basically, and the large salad is smaller than my fist and overdressed like crazy. I glad I went there once to learn that I will never go there again! Lol, honestly awful

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I've had Chik Fil A one time and that was too many. I wasn't impressed and could go the rest of my life without eating it again.
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Where I live the love for CFA is strong, but I never really got the appeal of it. On the plus side, the lemonade is pretty good and the employees are generally friendly.

I might be banished from the region if I admitted to anyone IRL that I am not on the CFA bandwagon. B)
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well that's cuz you bought all the wrong stuff. If you're gonna do fast food, plan for it and do it right lol. 12 piece nugget, large waffle fries, and a lemonade for me please! Lol

And no, I don't just loooove CFA, but it is the least objectionable fast food place to me, so if I've gotta stop somewhere, that'll be it
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    The deluxe spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese... It's amazing!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    You don't go there to eat "grilled" chicken. It's the fried chicken sandwich in peanut oil (along with extra pickle) that I go for. I have to travel an hour (near my parents house) to get some.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    This is the exact opposite of what I was expecting. I thought you were going to call it life-changing. My husband would call this post blasphemy!
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think the grilled market salad (with low-fat berry viniagrette, please) and the southwestern salad (with chili lime viniagrette) are awesome. When I have the calories, the fried chicken sandwich and waffle fries are great. To each his own.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I never choose to eat there but if someone insists then I can tolerate the chicken salad sandwich with a side salad - it's decent as a sub for the fries but I'd never pay for just a salad there.

I don't like their fried chicken and the waffle fries are limp and weird and not worth the calories.

They did have and may still have awesome oatmeal at breakfast. Plain cooked oats with fresh fruit to mix in, real sugar and some nuts.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I ate there once as well. Got the fried chicken sandwich. I thought it tasted weird instead of delicious.
    I'm not going to keep going to try every item on their menu. I enjoy other places more.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    This is the exact opposite of what I was expecting. I thought you were going to call it life-changing. My husband would call this post blasphemy!

Your husband is right. Going to Chick-Fil-A (however they spell it!) and getting grilled stuff I like going to a BBQ joint for a salad. And even with the other stuff, it's still just fast food levels. I've actually found that their fried stuff is matched by some local places and maybe even some of the KFC sandwiches on taste level. It's not like any of us is going to get filet mignon levels of quality when we are paying for fairly cheap hamburger.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    extremely disappointed. Just wanted to try it out since you can make healthier options and a lot of people like it. I spent $17 on a grilled chicken sandwhich, 12 piece grilled nugget, and a large superfood salad. First off, the sandwhich wasn't that good, the nuggets are just an overpriced piece of chicken cut up into extremely small pieces basically, and the large salad is smaller than my fist and overdressed like crazy. I glad I went there once to learn that I will never go there again! Lol, honestly awful

I've never understood all the hubbub around Chick Fil-A...there's one near my house and the drive through line is always backed up seemingly to infinity...those people have to be sitting in their cars and waiting for 30 minutes for sub par "food". I've had it and it's just meh...I don't get it...but then again, I've never really liked any fast food, it's all pretty much low quality pig slop.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    #1 meal with lemonade is what I get, and I love it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I never choose to eat there but if someone insists then I can tolerate the chicken salad sandwich with a side salad - it's decent as a sub for the fries but I'd never pay for just a salad there.

I don't like their fried chicken and the waffle fries are limp and weird and not worth the calories.

They did have and may still have awesome oatmeal at breakfast. Plain cooked oats with fresh fruit to mix in, real sugar and some nuts.
    @AmazonMayan
    I went once not long ago when they opened one here...I got the chicken salad sandwich and waffle fries. I thought it was awesome. The price was reasonable in my opinion and liked how they make the chicken salad (pickle juice or something?). I could only eat a 1/2 it was so filling so I saved the other for later in the day. I'd never tried waffle fries anywhere before...they tasted baked which I loved.

I ate there so I can say...OK...what's the big hub-bug...still not sure but what I ate was good. For fast food, the sandwich was great and comes in a cool little reusable container. :D Yea you can tell, I don't eat out much, I cook at home which I'll likely keep doing. :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I went once and also thought the salad had way too much dressings. I couldn't even taste the vegetables because the dressing was so overpowering
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Going to fast food and getting salads is like going to a hooker for a hug. That said, I can tolerate the grilled chicken salad with either the berry dressing or honey mustard when my son is really wanting chick-fil-a.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I like Chick Fil A. The grilled food isn't the best but it's a good choice if you are eating fast food.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy their Asian salad. There is a marinade on the chicken, but they actually don't put the dressing on the one that I get. It comes in a packet so you control how much dressing you want. I also like their original chicken sandwich with the pickles.

I don't care for the grilled chicken at most fast food places. McDonald's artisan grilled chicken sandwich makes me gag, texture wise.

My absolute favorite chicken sandwich right now is the homestyle asiago ranch club sandwich at Wendys.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I've never understood all the hubbub around Chick Fil-A...there's one near my house and the drive through line is always backed up seemingly to infinity...those people have to be sitting in their cars and waiting for 30 minutes for sub par "food". I've had it and it's just meh...I don't get it...but then again, I've never really liked any fast food, it's all pretty much low quality pig slop.

That's how it is here!! There's one by my work and every time I drive by, the line is literally wrapped around the building TWICE. They now have a designated worker who directs traffic solely for chic-fil-a... It was nothing like that in St. Louis. I guess these Louisiana folks just can't get enough of it.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

That's pretty much my opinion too. Same with Popeye's chicken here.

I mean, it'll do in a pinch, but I'm not going out of my way to make a special trip to either place.
  • epona08
    epona08 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The salads used to be much better, however they've changed all the recipes on them and what dressing is available. I don't like any of the new salads or their newly redesigned wraps. They made all these changes to seem "fancier" and "healthier" but the macros aren't any better (some are worse) and they just really disappoint. Now I only go to CFA to be bad and get a Chicken Salad Sandwich or the #1.

Some of you guys sound like you have awful stores who don't care about quality control, I feel sorry for ya. That's not what CFA is really like. They're the only fast food place that I've worked for as a kid (or had friends work for) that I will still eat at.