Cesar Dressing Lite that is..

Options
Hey guys...I'm sure im not going to find one..but..just in case...i use Ken's Lite Cesar dressing...gteat for a dressing..but doesn't taste like Cesar dressing..

Do anyone know of a Lite Cesar dressing that actually has the flavor...no matter if it is off a bit but needs to taste like Cesar...

I'd greatly appreciate it...

Replies

• Goldensuz
    Goldensuz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Girards tastes pretty good to me - they have a light version. I mostly stick to olive oil & vinegar as I feel it is best for me, but sometimes I want something specific. The light champagne is good too.
  • mOsThaGod
    mOsThaGod Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok..ill try the Girards...im not into oil and vinegar...lol..just the Cesar..thanks..
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Well crap. Usually the Ken's Steakhouse is one of few brands that tastes good in lower cal versions to me! I won't give up good taste to go to lighter versions and that has been one of my favorite brands.

I have actually found a couple types of salad dressings that were overly thick but could stand to be thinned some due to being high flavor. Thinning them out depends on the type though.... some don't deal with water. I have a couple I do thin down, and even at 30-40% water added, they are still plenty strong to taste good. YMMV of course. I actually first messed with it with one particular salad dressing I loved but was so thick it was hard to get it spread out enough within the salad as to not be overpowering it.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It can be hard to find depending where you live but I eat the heck out of Bolthouse Farms and have for years since watching the calories in food. I could drink this stuff. I don't.... but I could!
    mastheads_d_dressings_00_Yogurt_Caesar-Parmigiano_png_bccb9601-0834-4a9c-ba62-b67f86cf5a88.png
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Renees has varying types of Caesar from mighty (extra garlic) to 1/2 the fat or fat free (5cal/tbsp)
  • scarletrayne19
    scarletrayne19 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Marzetti makes a light Caesar made with yogurt that I think tastes better than "regular" Caesar dressing
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Make your own? To taste like Caesar all you need is to make sure you've got some garlic, anchovy and parmesan in there, but those are strong flavours so you don't need much. If you use dijon mustard and salt, they will make the oil-vinegar/lemon juice emulsion creamy enough that you don't need to add things like cream, yogurt etc.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Renees has varying types of Caesar from mighty (extra garlic) to 1/2 the fat or fat free (5cal/tbsp)

That is our go to Caesar dressing. Now the reason why we use the light version is because it doesn't have any milk solids added...unlike the regular version. Anyway the kids love it...and eat a ton.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Safeway Kitchens (house brand) is surprisingly good Caesar dressing. You can thin it down with a little water to make it easier to spread through your salad. Yum.