Got to lose

Options
Yup. Finally reaching out. I've got 100 lbs to lose. I work way to much, too much stress, exersize ( what's that?) I need too. Where is my motivation?? I think it's been captured and being held at the local pizza parlour.

Replies

• NotoriousLink
    NotoriousLink Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is step one, abd today is day 1. You've got this. You've already downloaded this app that's a great tool in figuring out your food intake! Remember, diet is 80% and exercise is 20% the magic happens in the kitchen! Good luck!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Well your in the right place now ! Get yourself a good scale and get going ! If I did it, you can too !!!
  • BinaryFu
    BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey, right there with you. My goal is -125lbs. It *can* be done. It takes time. Once you see what your calorie goal is per day, you have two choices, really - start eating healthier (most really healthy foods are lower calorie naturally, no need for artificial anything) or start working out. Exercise allows you to "buy" more food, but you will also be hungrier.

So, for me, I went the way of the Sloth - I don't exercise (All joking aside, it's because I am not able to yet.) so my calorie goal is lower than what I'd like to eat. I figure out through experimentation what fills me up for the least amount of calories while still tasting awesome (Here's a hint - Quaker Rice Pops, cheddar flavor for me, since I'm a saltaholic, but caramel is amazing for the sweet-tooth lovers).

The local pizza parlor is a place you have to look at as poison. Just one slice? Sure...and one bottomless soda? Heh. Just the soft drinks alone can max your calorie goals in one meal if you're not careful! Depending on what your goals are and you weaknesses are, there are lots of helpful tips and tricks out there and everyone I've met on here is willing and able to share the burden and the information!

For me, I love me some caffeine, so my drug of choice is a cup of black, sugarless coffee in the morning. If I'm craving sweet bubbly soda during the day? Sprite Zero. Need a caffeine boost? Coke Zero, Cherry Coke Zero or Diet Mtn Dew. They taste sweet, don't give me a fake sweetener headache like Diet Coke does and they satisfy the cravings.

For pizza, I make my own. I'm allergic to gluten, so it has to be a gluten-free crust, which I thin out as much as I can - and then I measure *everything* that goes onto that pizza. That way I can break it all down. Cheese? Sauce? Meat toppings? Veggies? (Oh yeah, lots of veggies - biiigggg pizza taste, smaller calorie punch) and then tally them up. If it's say, 1,000 calories - then I know that this pizza is going to be 200 calories per slice if I divide it five ways, 100 calories a slice if I divide it up ten ways...etc.

By doing that, there's no more guestimations. I find that now I can eyeball almost to the last crumb how much I'm using of what type of food and I know how many calories I'm creating. It also helps understand your portions better too - if I have 1,200 calories to eat in a day, I know my meals need to be 400 calories on average or less (especially if I'm a snacker, which I am) and so it helps me look at it as more like...a calorie allowance.

I'm allowed X calories a day, they don't roll over into the next day, so make the best of them. There are days when I'm really dying for some chocolate or ice cream or whatever...okay...have just a little lighter breakfast, just a touch less for lunch...shave and save those calories...then after dinner? One serving of ice cream please!

Long story short - you can do this. Lots of us already have and many more of us are just starting out on our journey. You don't have to go at it alone and we are here to support you just as we hope you will support us.

You can do this.
  • cupidsclwn
    cupidsclwn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    Hey, right there with you. My goal is -125lbs. It *can* be done. It takes time. Once you see what your calorie goal is per day, you have two choices, really - start eating healthier (most really healthy foods are lower calorie naturally, no need for artificial anything) or start working out. Exercise allows you to "buy" more food, but you will also be hungrier.

So, for me, I went the way of the Sloth - I don't exercise (All joking aside, it's because I am not able to yet.) so my calorie goal is lower than what I'd like to eat. I figure out through experimentation what fills me up for the least amount of calories while still tasting awesome (Here's a hint - Quaker Rice Pops, cheddar flavor for me, since I'm a saltaholic, but caramel is amazing for the sweet-tooth lovers).

The local pizza parlor is a place you have to look at as poison. Just one slice? Sure...and one bottomless soda? Heh. Just the soft drinks alone can max your calorie goals in one meal if you're not careful! Depending on what your goals are and you weaknesses are, there are lots of helpful tips and tricks out there and everyone I've met on here is willing and able to share the burden and the information!

For me, I love me some caffeine, so my drug of choice is a cup of black, sugarless coffee in the morning. If I'm craving sweet bubbly soda during the day? Sprite Zero. Need a caffeine boost? Coke Zero, Cherry Coke Zero or Diet Mtn Dew. They taste sweet, don't give me a fake sweetener headache like Diet Coke does and they satisfy the cravings.

For pizza, I make my own. I'm allergic to gluten, so it has to be a gluten-free crust, which I thin out as much as I can - and then I measure *everything* that goes onto that pizza. That way I can break it all down. Cheese? Sauce? Meat toppings? Veggies? (Oh yeah, lots of veggies - biiigggg pizza taste, smaller calorie punch) and then tally them up. If it's say, 1,000 calories - then I know that this pizza is going to be 200 calories per slice if I divide it five ways, 100 calories a slice if I divide it up ten ways...etc.

By doing that, there's no more guestimations. I find that now I can eyeball almost to the last crumb how much I'm using of what type of food and I know how many calories I'm creating. It also helps understand your portions better too - if I have 1,200 calories to eat in a day, I know my meals need to be 400 calories on average or less (especially if I'm a snacker, which I am) and so it helps me look at it as more like...a calorie allowance.

I'm allowed X calories a day, they don't roll over into the next day, so make the best of them. There are days when I'm really dying for some chocolate or ice cream or whatever...okay...have just a little lighter breakfast, just a touch less for lunch...shave and save those calories...then after dinner? One serving of ice cream please!

Long story short - you can do this. Lots of us already have and many more of us are just starting out on our journey. You don't have to go at it alone and we are here to support you just as we hope you will support us.

You can do this.

Thank you for all the helpful tips!!!