Help!! :(

Options
I was going strong since November, and the past 2 weeks I broke my log in streak and have been binge eating and exhausted constantly from my son not sleeping.

I am currently around 1650 alloted calories, but someone suggested it may help with binging if increased to 2000 and ate 6 small meals a day.
Does anyone feel like this might work for me? I am so desperate for my weight loss journey to continue forward.

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your age, weight, height no one can give you real advice. If I ate even 1650 I personally would gain weight. That is because I am short, disabled and live a pretty sedentary life. So if you give that info it will be easier to help you. What is your weight loss goal set at? It may be too aggress for what you have to lose.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on 1600 calories a day. I eat three regular meals and three snacks as well. I find that the best way for me to not give in to a binge urge, is to make sure I things made beforehand. I don't sleep well either (because my husband snores LOUD, and almost every night) and when I'm tired, it's easy for me to grab the easy stuff to eat, so I always try to make sure things are done the night before for the following day, so I can just grab and go and not have to think about it. Hope that helps! :-)
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You're exhausted. I would consider sleep to be the number one priority in restoring your health and getting back on track. If you're perpetually tired you will feel more hunger and end up consuming more calories. I recommend working power naps in wherever you can and make sure you're staying hydrated.

As for your plan, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Your weight loss won't be as quick but you won't be gaining from binging if it actually works. If it's not going to add extra work to your day (to prepare/eat the food) then give it a try for a week and see if it reduces your binge sessions. If it is going to complicate your day then I would suggest you spend that time napping instead.
  • emilygraves1989
    emilygraves1989 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice.

To the first post, I am 26 and weight 302 pounds (down from 320). I had been working out every day prior to knee injury and am trying to get back on track.

My son just had surgery a week and a half ago I'm hoping his sleeping pattern returns to normal soon.
    I do see food planning as being a problem for me right now, I just grab what I want when I want it. And we house share with my parents so I don't do ALL the shopping there is always junk.

I think I'm gonna write our a plan for next week and see if that helps. Thanks so much for the advice.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt increase it to 2000 unless its around your maintenance calories. if its over you will most likely gain weight,I know when Im sleep deprived I make bad eating decisions and crave more junk. first try to get more sleep, even if you have to take naps when your son does. also try to get enough fiber,water,protein and healthy fats so you will feel full longer, and not want to binge. before you binge drink a glass or two of water and wait 15 min.Then if you are hungry eat,but portion it out into a smaller portion that way you shouldnt feel deprived. hope your son feels better soon.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Eating more calories isn't the answer, nor is eating many small meals.
    If you find yourself struggling with not feeling full after meals and snacking between them, work on finding foods that do leave you feeling fuller longer. What works for most people is a combination of fat and protein.
    Try a breakfast of meat and egg, add in some veggies for volume. If you like avocado, this will be a good source of fat for added satiety.
    Buy a food scale, and use it to weigh all of your solid foods. Measure all caloric liquids. Log all of your food intake accurately, sticking to your calorie goals each day.
    Planning each day's meals out ahead of time, as has been mentioned already, is a good idea.
    If there are snack type foods around and you find yourself wanting to eat them, add them to the plan, weigh out servings, and only eat that much. As long as you are within your calorie goals, you will still lose the weight.