How to lose Inner thigh weight?

Options
Im at the beginning of my weight loss journey and absolutely hate my inner thigh fat, I was wondering if anyone had any exercises which work well in toning. Thanks!!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Begin losing fat by eating at a calorie deficit. It will come off where it will come off. Eventually your thighs will slim down.

"Toning" basically means losing fat to reveal muscle. In order to lose the fat, eat at a deficit. To save more muscle to be revealed, strength/resistance train.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    You can't spot lose weight, and can't 'tone' one particular area. Each body loses weight in its own particular way, and all you can do is patiently lose the weight.
    As far as how you want your body to look as you lose the weight, start a lifting program. As you lose the fat, and increase the weights, you will develop and reshape the muscles of your body. You will strengthen your core, and the muscles in the rest of your body will look nicer and more attractive.
    Cardio is a good exercise for health, fitness, and increasing your calorie deficit, and strength training with weights is a good exercise for reshaping your body and gaining strength.
    For losing the weight, buy a food scale, weigh all of your solid foods, and log them. Stick to your calorie deficit and you will lose the weight.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    eggbeater in the pool. Sit upright like you are in a chair. Right leg goes counter clockwise. Left leg goes clockwise. Do a length or so

(Ask the lifeguard for coaching if you don't know this kick. It's the action used by water polo players and great for inner thigh and butt.)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm at the end of my weight loss journey and I'm still carrying a lot of fat on my thighs! That's definitely the last place it's coming off. I do a combo of HIIT, strength training, and cardio and I do see a difference but it's the slowest place for me.
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try Cathe LIS glide video. Worked for me. Those exercises helped me with that area better than anything else I tried.

I've heard Barre work helps too.