All Natural Multivitamin

Options
powetik
powetik Posts: 14 Member
I have been taking one a day vitamins most of my adult life, but I always hear about this great boost of energy people get from their multi. I don't get that at all. Honestly I tend to get more lethargic. I have to take a multi according to my doctor, but he's been no help in recommending a better option. So I'm here looking for suggestions from MFP community. I prefer something natural, but I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Where do you hear this great boost of energy? From whom?
  • powetik
    edited March 2016
    Options
    In general conversation with colleagues and others, but when I ask no one seems to recall the name of this mystery vitamin.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this either. i like coffee in the morning for some extra energy.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I've heard that too, but I don't really believe in it anymore :D I have noticed more energy and less need for sleep after I started eat better though (just food, no pills :smile: )
  • powetik
    Options
    My diet is great. I get a bit fatigued which impacts my workouts from time to time. Just looking for a boost for those times. I have a very emotionally draining career that wears me out some days.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Maybe look at your Vitamin D or get blood work done on it, yours might be too low.
    I take MultiVites by Vitafusion and their Vitamin D3.

I take Vitamin D3 2000iu per by endocrinologist, mine was extremely low. Now I feel a lot better (it's like night and day). Winters were the worst for me, since taking Vitamin D, I can cope with Winter and I am not that depressed.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can do more by eating, then. Do you have someone to talk to, de-briefing after work?
  • powetik
    Options
    Thanks for the help. I'm waiting on the results of the blood work. I just had it drawn yesterday. :)