myfitnesspal is my new 'Facebook'

Options
This is my first time signing up in a community like this. I've been using myfitnesspal for more than one week and I like it so much! I lost 1.6kg/3.5lbs so far and I'm happy because I can see progress.

The best thing of all is the community. People give motivation, share tips, ask/answer questions, to one another regardless where they come from, how much they weigh, etc. Lovely! :)

myfitnesspal is definitely my new Facebook. The difference is, in myfitnesspal, I don't know any of my friends personally but the motivation and support they give are way better than what I get from my Facebook friends whom I know personally. Here, we have the same direction.

I just find it wonderful and I want to share my feelings here :happy:

To the healthier us. Cheers~

p/s: Feel free to add me as your friend :wink:

Replies

• mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.. I love MFP!!

Welcome :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Welcome and good luck!
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love this site mainly because of the way it makes me think before I order when I go somewhere. Being conscious of what I'm putting in my body has made a big difference in helping me get healthy. I also love all the forums and support on here, it's amazingly helpful!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    same here!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    I have been here in mfp for about 2 months. Ive given up on the silly games in fb so i can spend more time with all the great people here in MFP.....
    MFP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    it's the same for me! I'm MFP addicted!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm on this site more then Facebook.... even school too.....
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Less drama than facebook, for damn sure. :ohwell:
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ha !! I am now using MFP more than Face book :) .
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes same here too! lol
    I have both MFP and FB open all day every day but tend to spend more time on MFP now.
    Whoever thought of this deserves a medal :happy:
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    Agreed! It's like Facebook with a purpose. Thank you to all who post on forums...your stories--trials and triumphs--are inspiring!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your weight loss!! Great!!

I actually ended up deleting my FB account after some time here.... I found MFP friends seem much more invested in what's going on in my life and offer much more support. I love it here!
  • valleanna
    valleanna Posts: 9
    Options
    omg!! i deleted my facebook and started with MFP i feel like the people here can really relate to me. i lost 20 pounds in almost 3 months and i feel great, i read so many encouraging stories that motivate me to keep going when i'm feeling weak. walking up hills and the stairs are my new addiction!! lol
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm on MFP way more than facebook now
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I love MFP.:happy:
  • shantylrose
    shantylrose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I love this site! everyone is so nice and supportive!! I have also just started my journey so welcome!! We can do this! :) anyone feel free to add me.
  • SmileeBarbFLA
    Options
    myfitnesspal is definitely my new Facebook. The difference is, in myfitnesspal, I don't know any of my friends personally but the motivation and support they give are way better than what I get from my Facebook friends whom I know personally. Here, we have the same direction.

I just find it wonderful and I want to share my feelings here :happy:

I feel the same way!!! I absolutely LOVE this site. All the help/motivation/friendly people.... AMAZING!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    it is like you guys are speaking my mind. I just find some much support and motivation on here and I'm more honest with you lot than I could ever be on facebook!
  • sammy2672
    sammy2672 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm new on here also and I find that you are all very supportive and encouraging to everyone. It's great and really inspiring.
    Good luck with all your continued weight lose and I hope mine will start to come off in the next few weeks.

Feel free to add me as a MFT Pal :smile:
  • scouter318
    scouter318 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WORD, Angelina!

In addition to finding people who can relate to my fitness goals and body image, I've found more encouragement on this site than in my non-virtual reality life :o)

Anyone is welcome to add me for some extra support!