anyatur8
anyatur8 Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2016 in Recipes
Any good gluten free recipes ?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Which one? Like your enthusiasm! It should bode well :)
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Turkey Minestrone

1 pound lean ground turkey
    2 onion
    4 carrots
    6 cloves garlic
    4 zucchini
    2 T olive oil
    30 oz diced roma tomatoes
    8 cups chicken stock
    2 pounds cooked brown rice
    1 14oz can white beans
    Thyme, oregano, basil, salt and pepper

Put the 2T olive oil in soup pot. Add in the ground turkey and break it up. Medium/low heat

Finely dice onions, carrots, garlic and two zucchini. Add to the turkey and cook until turkey is cooked and veggies soft - around 5 - 10 minutes

Slice up the remaining zucchini and add to the pot along with the cooked rice, tomatoes, chicken stock and spices. I use about a tablespoon and a half of spices altogether.

Cook for an hour, then add the rinsed white beans and bring back to temp.

Divide up. I gave ½ to the family and then divided the rest into 4 servings for me.

Calories around around 337 per serving. Then I put 2T parmesan on top of my soup.

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I just substitute gf pasta in pasta dishes, eat a lot of rice with veggies & meats. Use Braggs amino acid in place of soy sauce. There are some good GF flour blends, or you can make your own. GF baking just takes more work. This wrap bread is SOOO good and easy and I make it several times a week for my daughter & I. I only use 1 tablespoon of sugar: http://www.glutenfreegobsmacked.com/2007/07/gf-wrap-sandwich-success/