Getting rid of those last 25 vanity lbs!

Options
So I have been on MFP since January and have lost about 8 lbs. 2 years ago I was in the Navy and was a really healthy 110 lbs. Unfortunately the military talked me in to taking 2 rounds of birth control injections to prevent pregnancy in case of a sexual assault. I blew up to 155 lbs. I gained most of the weight in my midsection and thighs and on my 5'2.5" bony frame, it looked really bad. I kept getting asked if I was pregnant. I got super depressed before I got motivated to try and lose the weight. Before MFP, I managed to lose 20 lbs on my own. Now I weigh 135. I have 25 lbs to go to get back to my original weight. If I can't get there but I tighten back up enough to wear my old clothes, I won't complain. I am a meat and potatoes southern girl and can't stand to eat vegetables. They make me sick. I walk 2 miles to work a few times a week and try to get hand weight training in every morning and afternoon. I am stuck at this 20 lbs of weight loss and would love some motivation to keep going. I try and track everything I eat to the best of my ability. I'm on a 1200 cal regimen. I'm not a huge fan of cardio because I have only just recently quit smoking and drinking so my breathing sucks. Any tips or hints to help me get past this slump would be great!

Replies

• caubel
    caubel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more or Google calorie cycling. That has helped me when I don't see scale movement.
  • Katelinanne13
    Katelinanne13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks!
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I don't *love* to exercise, but I do it bc you get results faster. You will bump up your metabolism with high intensity interval training - hiit. I do a lot of TIU workouts. Search YouTube for tone it up. The workouts are hard, but mostly enjoyable. I break a sweat but am not gasping for breath. I also quit smoking two months ago and your lungs will repair themselves as time goes on. Keep going. Your weight loss will kick back in if you just stick with it.
  • Katelinanne13
    Katelinanne13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I will!