Tell me about your lunches !

Options
What do y'all pack for lunch at work/school. So far I take turkey sandwiches, fruit, veggie snack packs. I do light lunches because I usually have a snack after school.

Add me!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I eat the least glamorous lunches ever. I dump an entire bag of lettuce/veg in mixing bowl, add 100 calorie can of tuna, 2 laughing cow cheese wedges, and La Morena chipotle sauce. 240 calories. Meh, it's huge and it's fuel.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    bachelor_chow_by_olivemonkey-d417a15.png
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Sounds delish!
  • bpetrosky
    Options

Sounds delish!

My co-workers always tell me how healthy and good smelling my lunches seem. :)
  • arditarose
    Options

As long as there's hot sauce, I'm down.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A sandwich of some kind (lunchmeat, tuna, egg salad, hummus & cheese are standards for me), baby carrots, string cheese, and an ounce of nuts. Sometimes I swap some of the sides out for a hard boiled egg, fruit, or some hummus for the carrots.
  • maggiemooo182
    maggiemooo182 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Great ideas. I don't do fabulous lunches either, I like easy cause in the mornings I'm slow
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    sandwich, or one of those bagged garden veggie salads from the store with a chunk of grilled chicken from home. booooooring fuel for the machine
  • arditarose
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    sandwich, or one of those bagged garden veggie salads from the store with a chunk of grilled chicken from home. booooooring fuel for the machine

lol. I do the same with those bags of veg. I just don't really care during the day. It tastes good, there's a lot of volume, plenty of protein, and room for dessert.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and raw almonds with a small V-8 juice and a halo.
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

lol. I do the same with those bags of veg. I just don't really care during the day. It tastes good, there's a lot of volume, plenty of protein, and room for dessert.

Nice.

I usually do sauteed chicken and put it in the container with frozen vegetables the night before. Sometimes I'll pack in some rice or mashed potatoes. Fast, cheap, and my co-workers think I eat fancy.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Nice.

I usually do sauteed chicken and put it in the container with frozen vegetables the night before. Sometimes I'll pack in some rice or mashed potatoes. Fast, cheap, and my co-workers think I eat fancy.

Sauteed chicken IS fancy lol.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Lunch this week is Pablano pepper stuffed with ground turkey, black beans, corn, chipotle peppers and topped with mozzarella. Comes out to be about 300 cal, 25 protein, 22 carbs and 10 fat for macros. Pretty quick meal prep to make these :) I also have a chicken parm that I made that I can rotate in/out for Lunch/Dinner to keep things interesting. I make enough for 4 days then rotate to new meals
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I do meal prep each weekend for lunches. I've done soups, stews etc with salad or veggies and hummus on the side. Last week I did shrimp stirfry. This week/weekend I made a taco meat mixture of seasoned ground turkey and cooked down bell peppers and onions. Portioned it out in ziplocks. I heat it up and put it on top of a bunch of lettuce. And on the side I change it up with either tom,cucumber and avocado mashup or other veggies. I love the recipe feature in this app, makes my lunchs and logging so fast.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    atjays wrote: »
    Lunch this week is Pablano pepper stuffed with ground turkey, black beans, corn, chipotle peppers and topped with mozzarella. Comes out to be about 300 cal, 25 protein, 22 carbs and 10 fat for macros. Pretty quick meal prep to make these :) I also have a chicken parm that I made that I can rotate in/out for Lunch/Dinner to keep things interesting. I make enough for 4 days then rotate to new meals

Nom. :)

Stuff in a pan...ground turkey or chicken with some chopped up veg sauteed in a little coconut oil and seasoned according to whatever I feel like...Mexican, Italian, Chinese, sometimes just poultry seasoning.

Sauteed chicken, or a little steak w/a frozen veg and some rice.

Rotating Healthy Choice/Blakes frozen dinners. Happens a lot because I'm usually eating lunch right after gym. Often with a side of frozen green beans.

Already mentioned salad w/meat...chicken or sometimes deli meat w/low cal dressing, or taco seasoned ground turkey w/salsa.

And a new fave this week, chopped up cold rotisserie chicken wrapped in butter lettuce leaves and doused with Frank's Red Hot.

• Marciainshape
    Marciainshape Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Soups, salads, low cal wraps with vegetables and fish or chix, baked pot, hb eggs, love feta cheese with everything!
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Normally I eat heavy lunch, white rice with chicken, french beans, or whatever. This serves as my fuel before I go to the gym some 5 hours after lunch. Salads are never in my list.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I eat sandwiches, burrito, salads, or dinner leftovers for lunch usually. I have things like raw vegetables, fruit or chips with it sometimes.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10270725/things-to-go-in-salads/p1
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    They taste good