Gonna "Race for the Cure"

Options
Ok, I figured what have I got to lose? After being overweight and out of shape for several years, my daughter and I have decided that this year we are going to run the Susan G. Komen 5k. We've walked for the last 3 years in honor my mother and in memory of a good friend. I know that being overweight increases my chance of breast cancer, so I'm going to do my best to get back into a decent shape. I've started a walking/running program that was given to me by a friend and it seems to be pretty simple. The race isn't until April 25th and the program is supposed to have us ready by then. We'll see. If anyone else is just starting out and trying to get into shape for a 5k, I'd love to hear about what you're doing and how progress is.

Replies

• pford03
    pford03 Posts: 27
    Options
    Ok, I figured what have I got to lose? After being overweight and out of shape for several years, my daughter and I have decided that this year we are going to run the Susan G. Komen 5k. We've walked for the last 3 years in honor my mother and in memory of a good friend. I know that being overweight increases my chance of breast cancer, so I'm going to do my best to get back into a decent shape. I've started a walking/running program that was given to me by a friend and it seems to be pretty simple. The race isn't until April 25th and the program is supposed to have us ready by then. We'll see. If anyone else is just starting out and trying to get into shape for a 5k, I'd love to hear about what you're doing and how progress is.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I didnt realize that there was also a 5k that they do. I know that I have decided that I want to do the 3 day walk this year in memory of my mother but that isnt until October. I would love to do a 5k if they had one around here. Good luck with yours.

Connie
  • rnymornin
    Options
    Hi Mom! We're gonna do this! Come April we will not be walking across the finish line, we'll be running! And we'll do it several pounds lighter. Maw will be so proud.
    We can do this together! Love you so much!!!