Help I'm starving after I go to the gym!!

Options
shellyn158
shellyn158 Posts: 4 Member
Needing some advice on what to eat before/ after the gym without blowing all my calories for the day. On the day I lift weights seem to be the worst. Any help would be great!

Replies

• ashleycook4ya265
    ashleycook4ya265 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat a small meal with clean carbs before your workout on days u lift. It will give u energy to get thru it. You could try drinking a protein shake after your workout. And on cardio days eat a small high protein meal after your workout. This has helped me from wanting to over eat after workouts and feeling raging hungry
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I found that with swimming. Preparing my after workout meal beforehand helped so I could eat virtually as soon as I got in (just needed couple of minutes if a hot meal). Saved me from grabbing anything instant I could find whilst waiting.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I usually ride during my lunch hour...then I eat lunch. I usually lift in the evenings after work...then I go home and have dinner.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,926 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I usually ride during my lunch hour...then I eat lunch. I usually lift in the evenings after work...then I go home and have dinner.

Ya, @shellyn158, after you've been to the gym, you're probably due for a meal. Have one :)
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water, that helps curb appetites. After a work out you'll need fluids anyway. Eat protein and fiber, they have staying power.
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    On the days I lift, I always bring a protein shake (whey iso) made with a 1/2 cup almond milk, water and some frozen berries. Comes in at 29g protein and under 200 calories. Lifting makes me hungry too!
  • Marqiiz
    Marqiiz Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 hours before and drink my protein during my workout
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    What do u eat all day? If you eat healthy all day prior to gym , then your body should be good during and after workout. So u don't binge eat after workout.
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I eat 1.5-2 hours earlier when I go for a workout. When I am done, I take my protein shake and eat a banana. I wait for an hour and eat my post workout meal. I never felt super hungry unless I skip one of my meal time.
  • shellyn158
    shellyn158 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks!