Ready to give up

Options
why is it the harder I work at loosing weight the more i put on and it seems I don't loose? I am not gaining alot but I just wish I would show some kind of improvment. I am ready to give up I mean at least when I was just doing what ever I stayed the same weight. I have been measuring as well and it is not lost in inches my legs have actually gotten bigger. Does any one have any ideals on what I should do. I really really want to loose this weight I am just tired of it not happening.

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If you made your diary public we would be able to offer advice.
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is all about working hard. With nutrition and with exercise. Chances are you aren't working as hard as you think. And if you really are then maybe you should see a doctor.
  • juberry
    juberry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey it's not always easy! My suggestion would be to consider Weight Watchers, at least for a few months, to get some live and in person camaraderie and support for your program. And by all means, keep doing My Fitness Pal. Good luck!
  • rjcherek2
    rjcherek2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problems.. I have been working my *kitten* off, eating right, taking walks every night, and every week I weigh in I GAIN! Its very fustrating knowing that you are working so hard and its not showing. I know I got some advice, to drink more water. Because I am walking, my body maybe retaining water, so I need to counteract that and drink more water. So that has been my goal for the week and from now on to drink more water, and see if that helps.

Good Luck.. :happy:
  • mazziemom
    mazziemom Posts: 21
    Options
    How long have you been trying? It took my body almost 8 weeks of REALLY watching what I ate and working out EVERY day before I saw any change in the scale or inches. Remember it probably did not take you 4 weeks to put the weight on and it will take way longer to get it off. Hang in there!
  • christasteph
    christasteph Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am sure it goes without saying, but I am going to say it anyway, if you are working out a lot more, then you are going to put on muscle. Muscle weighs substantially more than fat. When I first started working out again pretty hard after having each of mychildren (running and lifting), I always would add weight for at least a few weeks, but then as long as my diet is on track, I would then just shred weight as my metabolism shot up and I had more muscle to burn calories. It is simple math, if your intake of calories is less than your output, you will lose weight. You are either not tracking your calorie consumption properly, or you are gaining muscle which explains the weight (and that is a GOOD thing!) Good luck!
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ok Deep Breath... 10 years ago I started working out and eating better. I am 34 now and have a better (MUCH BETTER) body than I did 10 years ago. But it has taken practice, patience and a whole lot of work. ALL totally worth it!!!
    I lost 50 pounds in 3 years, spent the next 5 years scared to death I would gain it back, and after having a baby and losing the 40 pounds I gained while pregnant I finally accepted that I had a power over what I ate and how I looked. It was a wonderful moment to know that I was no longer a prisoner in my own body.
    After 10 years of practice I still struggle to keep my body and my mind healthy but I want to continue for the next 10 years, and the next... Keep telling yourself "YOUR BODY IS NOT BROKEN"
    Its physics. Keep improving your lifestyle and your body will follow. Sometimes it just takes a little longer than you would like. ;-(
    Keep things fun and what you can manage for the long haul. You can do it!