Do you log your gum and breath mints?

Options
Do you log your gum and breath mints or are they are free?

Replies

• Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nope. Too few calories to really matter in my opinion.
  • arodriguez24
    arodriguez24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well unless they are sugar loaded I don't. Most tend to be less than 5 calories and chewing it usually burns it anyways.
  • chelseawilliamson
    Options
    i am, my gum says they are about 10cal per stick..
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much. I'm not a big gum/mint person myself, but even 5 calorie sticks of gum can add up over time. If you're chewing / refreshing constantly, pretty soon you've gone through a pack of 20 pieces of gum, which is 100 calories. That's worth logging.
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i don't log anything under 10 calories. that includes sugar free red bulls and such. you basically burn the calories in gum just by chewing it. you burn 80 calories just sleeping so i don't bother worrying myself over small numbers like that.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    No. I chew sugar free gum.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Gum definately not. You burn the five calories in it with the hour or so of chewing you get out of it. Breath mints I dont know I dont really eat them so I dont know the calorie count on it.
  • princessekrystale
    Options
    YUP I do! Especially if you're like me, and you have a lot of them.
    5 calories matter to me!!! It can make the difference between 1196 cals (under your calorie goal) and 1201 (over your goal lol) ...
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Nope. I rarely chew more than 2pcs of sugar free gum per day. Not worth my energy to keep track.
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Nope, I eat mints that are <5 calories per piece so I don't bother. I didn't gain this weight by overindulging in breath mints that are less than 5 calories per piece.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Nope, I eat mints that are <5 calories per piece so I don't bother. I didn't gain this weight by overindulging in breath mints that are less than 5 calories per piece.

Too funny!! I totally agree, I didn't gain all my weight by eating breath mints and chewing gum. I don't consume enough of those 2 things to make it worthwhile logging, and I'm doing just fine! :) To each their own.
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    I ALWAYS DO....
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    As another stated, it depends on how much you eat. I'm not by habit a gum or mint eater, so I'm not going to bother logging one piece of 5 calorie gum. However, there was another post on here not too long ago where someone asked this question who was chewing a 20 piece pack of gum per day. In that case, the general consensus was that 100 calories is a full snack and should be logged.
  • xreinvention
    xreinvention Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If I've had more than a couple that day, yes. But I normally only have one or two pieces / mints a day if any.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I only have 2-3 pieces per day, so I think I'll leave it be and not bother logging it!!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    *Generally* I only log food that are 50 cals and up (I log my 0 calorie vitamin water or energy drink every time), unless it has sugar or carbs. So my sugarfree gum - no. My juicy fruit - yes. LOL
  • 777mommy
    777mommy Posts: 2
    Options
    I chew Bazooka gum and I do log it because I usually eat more than one piece.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I average 1-2 tic tacs or altoids a day. Tic tacs are under 2 cals, and altoids are also pretty low, so I don't sweat those. So, no... don't log them.
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    Do you log your gum and breath mints or are they are free?

I do but i'm crazy like that. :-)
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    YUP I do! Especially if you're like me, and you have a lot of them.
    5 calories matter to me!!! It can make the difference between 1196 cals (under your calorie goal) and 1201 (over your goal lol) ...

very good point!