Gaining weight as soon as I start my periods?

Options
Hi everyone! Two days ago I was so happy to finally get to 146,4! But then today, I started my period, got up on the scale and BAM ; 148.6. I did not binged, I stayed under my calories limit, didn't eat salty food, did my exercise, drank the same amount of water.. So I'm wondering, could it just be related to the fact I started my periods? Will it just go away when I'm done or is it actual weight I've gained?

I looked on google and apparantly you can gain weight from period but normally it's BEFORE the bleeding and goes back to normal when you start to bleed..

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal, and yes, it'll drop off within the week
  • ksandacz
    ksandacz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's so annoying!! Stay strong, keep with your program! :)
  • laurenjennifer1987mfp
    Options
    Normal unfortunately :smile: it will drop again, personally my weight doesn't drop again until around day 4.
  • queenscorpio73
    queenscorpio73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I gain 5lbs and it doesn't go back down until near the end.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Water weight. Mine comes during ovulation and I lose weight during/after my period ends. Don't fret. Our weights fluctuate often due to a multitude of factors including a high sodium meal, a new workout routine, etc. Women seem to hold more water weight than men due to their cycles and hormone changes. During my last period I went from 112 down to 109. :|
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-4 pounds from my ovulation to the middle of my period. Annoying but fact of life. It is not fat so don't worry about it
  • KaellaSamm
    KaellaSamm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all it's really reassuring! I was kinda freaking out here! Let's hope it goes down within the week ;;
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    It is irritating being a woman...lol
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yup same here
  • Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    12oq7dbpph1p.png

Like clock work. Actually I think it's a bit different. I'm starving the week I ovulate and tend to eat at maintenance that week. You can see exactly where it is on my chart and my weight even goes up. But as soon as my period is over I get a whoosh and continue my downward trend. Keeping track daily like this and seeing it has made me not fret and cut myself some slack
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I am usually starving the week before, gain 2-5 lbs the week of (but no longer hungry). If I stick with my plan, I usually lose all the water weight plus some right after. It's normal and in no way represents gained fat.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I gained three lbs. I usually vary between 2-5 lbs. and mine doesnt go away until a few days after my cycle.