Hi I'm New!!

Options
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and need some motivation. I am looking for some new friends to help me get to my goal.

:-) :-)
I am a stay at home mother of 2 kids. I am also going to school. My son starts K in September and I will have my daughter during the day and at night I go to school. My husband is really supportive and he has helped me alot. But I just found this site and I hope that I can find nice people on here and maybe make some new friends. I need to loose weight because of health reasons and for myself. I hate looking at myself in the mirror. So I plan on changing that.

Replies

• faithhopeclan2
    Options
    I am also new to this, I joined today!
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    Hi, i'm new also, i would welcome someone to have positive exchanges with , let's do it together,huh!?!!:smile:
  • heididw
    heididw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

I have been using MyFitnesspal for the last 18 months and have lost 42lbs so far.

To get me started I tracked my food and exercise as it was for 2 weeks. It then showed me how wrong my portion sizes were. After 2 weeks I set myself to lose but 1lb per week so I tweaked the portion sizes rather than change what I was eating.

What's your target?

Heidi
    Lincoln,UK
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    lets be buds, i'm new and would welcome some encouragement too!:smile:
  • reofink
    reofink Posts: 1
    Options
    My name is reofink and I joined today. I needs friends to keep me going when I am ready to give up.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! I've been trying to lose weight since January and have lost 21 lbs so far and started using MFP in March. It has really helped me get in tuned to how much I'm eating. Feel free to add me :)
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    hello and welcome !! i'm new ,let's be friends!!!
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    hello ,how's it going let's keep in touch !!
  • vjochum
    vjochum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am new to this a couple of days ago. Really I think I can handle following this easy set up but would be nice to have some friends msg me so it doesn't feel like a journey I take alone. I need to lost AT LEAST 50lbs. ugh!
  • quietstormz_wehcnage
    Options
    Your story sounds like mine let's motivate each other :)
  • owl92
    owl92 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi all im also new to this site thanks to my friend Jane whos amazing. so i hope this site helps me lose the last pounds. good luck people we can do it just keep logging on i guess :)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards... post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile. :)
    I don't wish people good luck, I never had it and don't need it! Luck doesn't get you through this... hard work does!;)