20 days in!

It's been 20 days since I started and I don't have any weight loss. At this point shouldn't I see at least 1-5 pounds dropping? I plan to beef up my exercise this week to see if I can get better results. Any tips or ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    I got 2600 calories or so and i changed it to 2000 right away also i started walking my dog too ive lost 14 lbs in 17 days
  • Ntumpkin1
    Ntumpkin1 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow.... I'll try that. Maybe I need to lower my daily calories. Thanks! I didn't even know I could do that.
  • redhopewash
    redhopewash Posts: 1 Member
    I've used my fitness pal in the past and lost 40 pounds and gained half of it back so last week was my first time back at it,I lost 5 pounds my first week.I walked 30 minutes a day when I can,if I cant walk I try to incorporate some kind of exercise in my day somehow for at least 30 minutes.I make sure I am always under my calorie goal,with my weight and height I supposed to eat like 2500 cals a day but fitness pal lower your cals for you anyway and I eat 1600 a day. I really take time and look at my nutrition labels and try to eat healthy foods and snacks and see what foods I can eat more of that will make me fuller and not go over my cals.I hope this helps you,stay encourage you can do it.
  • melissacblack
    melissacblack Posts: 5 Member
    the key for me has been to be honest about how much activity I actually do. I have a desk job and can be sedentary from day to day. If I can fit in a workout, fantastic! If I get a walk in, great, but that's icing on the cake. I focus on healthy eating. I changed the settings in MFP to "sedentary" that way MFP calculates only the calories I need and adds calories if I get a work out - it seems more flexible and realistic. Not sure if this is the same for you?
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Are you weighing all your food? Measuring isn't very accurate so if you are not weighing that could be the problem.