Just starting out...

Options
Hi. I'm a 41 year old mom who's finally made the commitment to get healthy again. I have quite a bit of weight to lose, so any words of wisdom would certainly be welcomed. I'd love to make new friends here for mutual encouragement and support. Thanks. :)

Replies

• Terrorsita
    Terrorsita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 38 and a mom of two. I'm right there with you. I don't have any words of wisdom yet, having just started myself, but I definitely need encouragement and support too. The thing I'm finding hardest right now is that I'm the only one in my family who needs to lose weight. In fact, my oldest is significantly underweight (after almost a year we've gotten her back up to the 16th percentile). I feel like I need to make two different meals (and nobody has time for that)! And I don't know what ages your kids are, but it's hard for me to find time to fit exercise in. I'm trying to squeeze it in wherever I can. Anyway, I'm here if you need a friend.
  • mhend75
    mhend75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reply. I have two kids as well. One is 11 and one is 8. It's really good to have someone to share this with! Both kids are in school and I finally have extra time to dedicate part of myself to this process. Feel free to add me if you'd like! I would definately enjoy having a weight loss buddy. My problem is that even though my husband is overweight, he is totally unmotivated to change, so I'm in this one alone.
  • blinddog52
    blinddog52 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, but always have a positive attitude.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting my weight loss journey again. Had lost a significant amount of weight a few years ago and then life, including my amazing 2 children happened :)

@Terrorsita except my oldest is a boy, I could have written every word of your post LOL.

Having buddies on MFP definitely helped me start losing the weight before I got pregnant this last time so feel free to send me a request if you would like.

Good luck - you can do this!
  • mhend75
    mhend75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I'm still exploring and learning this app. I haven't figured out yet how to add friends, but feel free to add me and I'll accept. Lol.
  • aprilbyrd2014
    aprilbyrd2014 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love to post motivational quotes online diary to which are open to friends you're more than welcome to add me I'm new here too and haven't quite figured out how to add people I have two boys as well ages 11 + 14looking for motivation to get going on a daily basis as well like I said feel free to add mesince I started here seeing people comment daily keep me goingone motivational quote that I read that I really like is when you feel like giving up remember why you started
  • wilmastraight593
    wilmastraight593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How does one add friends? Only thru facebookpr thru this app?
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am another mum of 2, just starting out (I had signed up here a couple of years ago but didn't keep it up).
    I broke my ankle last year and it has been a slow recovery, and I have found the weight creeping on (and I could have stood to lose a little before then!), plus my fitness has completely disappeared.

If you'd like to add me, I'd love some friends to keep me on track.