Does anyone take a Saturday or Sunday off and still lose?

Options
I like my Saturdays...a lot....I like to make a nice dinner or go out and not have to pay attention to logging, but I don't go crazy or anything with binge eating....does anyone else do this and still lose?

Replies

• KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do this, i still log everything and most of the time stay under my goals. I just find i need a day where i can eat what i want :) and i still lose weight hun. x hope that helps
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did when I had more to lose and my deficit was quite big. I used to not log on days I knew I would go way over. Now I have less to lose and a smaller deficit, I log everything. It really depends on how big your deficit is, how well you do during the week, how much you can eat and drink on that Saturday (you could wipe out the rest of the week's deficit in one day). So, I would suggest still logging everything but maybe try and keep it at maintenance or something. Or eat a little less throughout the week and bank calories to use on Saturdays.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Once or maybe twice a month. It isn't planned. It turns into what I call an eating day because I'm constantly hungry. I try to keep it nutritious for the most part, but I know I'm going over calories, so those are the days I might go out for dinner or head into the kitchen to bake up some sweets. The next day is business as usual.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, I take days off but not always the same day of the week. And I still log everything so I can classify them in my head. Some are maintenance days which look like I went over but actually just wiped out my normal deficit and then there are really over days.
    Like yesterday :#
    I try not to have too many of those but they happen. They usually give me good incentive to schedule a hike where I know I'll generate a monster deficit.
    On holidays like Thanksgiving I try to see how much I can eat. Interestingly enough 4000 calories is about where my stomach screams 'enough!' whether I have prelogged or not.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm loser on weekends, but I'm also more active.
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do the same, I indulge on Saturdays, but I am also working out double, or going for a hike burning out calories over the weekend. My thread "One cheat day per week" has similar replies on indulging one day (or meal) a week.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Sure do....sometimes BOTH Saturday and Sunday, but I have a pretty big deficit most week days and workout 4-5 times a week, so it all balances out. And I log every day, whether I eat well or not, whether I have a 1000 cal deficit, or see red.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Nope, can't do it. I only have 10 pounds to lose and must log and eat at a deficit every day to lose even a tiny bit each week.
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nope I can't take the day off totally. Usually only one meal on Saturday but I take zumba on Saturday so usually not under my calorie goal with exersice added.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Nope. I only have 10 more to go and only have a 250/day deficit. I could easily wipe that out if I'm not careful. I do have days where I have something I don't always have, though. Like yesterday I had a very active day and earned extra calories so I went and had two of my favorite drink at BJ's. <3 Yum.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance now but even when I was losing I would often bank calories during the week (100-200/day) saving them for more indulgent weekends. I'm also more active during the weekend so that helps too. I don't usually take a day off from logging or just eat without consideration of the total calories. I lost the weight I set out to lose and am maintaining with this approach. In fact since my plans changed yesterday I have about 1100 extra calories to work with today for the week, trying to decide what to do with them as we speak!
  • fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have time at weekends to be much more active so I tend to indulge slightly at the weekend, not so much on food though, can't resist the wine lol
  • Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's how I keep sane in this weight loss journey. I am small and aim for 1200 calories a day during the week. I don't eat back my exercise calories and net about 800-900 and then I eat more on weekend when there's most socializing. Last night my dinner alone was 1500 calories and my net for the week was still slightly under 1200 :)
  • Lose2Cruise2016
    Lose2Cruise2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I take Sunday and Monday off the from the gym, but there is no "on" or "off" from logging foods. Even if I go over my calories for the day, I still log all foods. And at 30 pounds lost, it is starting to slow down a bit, but I'm still losing.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I generally try not think much about what I'm eating on weekends, but I still log everything and usually I end up around my maintenance calories and still lose .5-2 lbs a week. Its sort of a nice break and I normally hit my goals on weekdays. I also still have about 80 more pounds to lose so my maintenance calories are pretty high and that helps.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 0.5lb/week weight loss, so taking the weekend off would definitely wipe out my deficit. But, I do indulge often. I'll save a few calories during the week (say, 100 per day), then I have enough for a moderate, planned overage. I still have to be moderate and thoughtful in my choices (no, I may not have all the pizza AND all the beers).
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I sortof tried that, mostly unintentionally, and found I'm losing the same 2ish lbs every week. So now I'm just going to keep it to special occasions once per month or so. My problem was I'd snack alot so I couldn't weigh and log, I tried to eyeball estimate.
    I've just reached that point where I want to come out of a weekend with a loss on Monday morning. I am overall trending downward but its definitely hindering my losing. I have about 15-20 left to lose so I guess that matters some.
    But it's all in personal preference, I could do this forever and probably lose it all eventually but its more worth it for me to just buckle down weekends, have a small cal treat here and there that I can log (mini Snickers etc) and reach my goals a bit more ...reliably haha.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's math. If you eat enough on the week end to wipe out your weekly deficit, then no, you won't lose weight.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    100% commitment means no "days off" for me. Interrupting routines is exactly how habits get broken or fail to form.