Anyone want to join in a "weekly goal" group?!

Options
I noticed a few people are part of weight loss groups on this site! I'm assuming it's basically a few people getting together, setting a new goal each week, and then reporting in at the end of every week with your progress/stories/etc.

Would anyone be interested in joining in one with me? I think it would be really fun, and a great motivator to stay on track knowing I have to report in every week! It will also be great to hear how other people did and what kinds of things worked for them in accomplishing the goal!

Anyone and everyone can join! If anyone has any ideas of what the first weeks goal should be, please share! :)

Replies

• mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Count me in !! When do you want to start? LET'S GO !!! :)
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    Terrific! We can start today... any ideas for a weekly goal? :)
  • missysmission777
    missysmission777 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. I love goals, and challenges. I put a challenge out not too long ago from May through August and I have some that are doing it..

Love goals.. count me in.....

Missy
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    What kind of goals do you have in mind? Challenges is what keeps me interested in working out and meeting goals, so they cant be too extreme.
  • allysabee
    Options
    Let's say our goal for the week is to lose 2 pounds by next Wednesday!? It's a small goal, but it's the small goals that ultimately lead to big results!

If anyone has any other ideas, please let us know - we can always have more than one goal or we can have a few diff. goals to choose from!!
  • rodacious1
    Options
    I'll try anything once...lets do it!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hah okay i will try...
  • Diamonds_R4_Ever
    Options
    Sounds good, weighing in with you guys will be fun. Keep me posted on how we are going to do this and when we start.

7940140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • smyscrapper
    Options
    Let's DO IT! I need some small goals too! It was easy for me to set one for my July 1st trip and that has helped to keep me motivated. Weekly goals should help with the times I don't have something planned. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I want to stay on track no matter what time of year it is.

Suggestion: Let's weigh-in each Sunday or Monday. Whichever day works best with the group. But the beginning of the week would be a great start for all of us. That gives us all the rest of this week to stay focused. What does everyone think?

3222052.png
  • allysabee
    Options
    That sounds great! We can post every Monday with our achievements. We can either post how much weight we've lost, or we can post our starting weight and our "new" weight each week. It's a personal preference - everyone can choose how they want to post!

Next Monday, we can start a new thread with all of our updates! We should probably come up with a name so we can better identify the thread... something unique and catchy. Any ideas?
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey what's up :) I'm gonna get in on this. I've been trying to lose 1.5-2lbs per week. For me it requires a LOT of exercise. Would you guys want to also do like a weekly workout challenge?
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • misscircuitt
    Options
    Im in too this sounds great! Whats the weekly goal?:smile:
  • smyscrapper
    Options
    Suggested Names: Weight Beaters? Monday Measures? Monday Motivators?

Sometimes I can be really creative. Need more time to think of some awesome names. Any thoughts on the ones above?
  • prsop98
    prsop98 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh, me me me! I want to join! I'm not creative with names either...the Monday Motivators sounds good to me! :o)
  • cheryl3403
    Options
    Count me in on your weekly goal group. : )
  • allysabee
    Options
    Great! I'm so happy so many people are on board.. I think Monday Motivators is a perfect name! Every Monday, we will post our achievements..

This week we are aiming to lose 2 lbs! Technically this started on a Wednesday, but we will report in by Monday just to get on track!

I will create a post Monday morning titled "MONDAY MOTIVATORS" or something like that, so everyone will know to post in that thread!

Good luck to everyone! Have a great rest of the week, and an even better weekend!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    hey everyone :) happy monday!! is there a link to the new thread? i'm not seeing it on the boards. maybe i'm just early :P