Here I go again.

Options
alipie420
alipie420 Posts: 39 Member
My name is Ali. Currently 180 lbs and ultimately want to be 130 lbs. I have tried so many times and I always end up binge eating chocolates, etc.. but I really want this. My 20th birthdays in June and i want to at least be around 160 at the least. no time for the gym, so I usually do cardio w/ music at home. Any reccomendations of good/fun zumba workouts? And any other tips at all for that matter. Thanks a bunch. :)

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    HI
    Exercise is for fitness and health.
    Eating at a deficit is for decreasing body weight.
    Buy yourself a food scale, weigh everything you ingest, log it at MFP and ensure you are eating at a deficit ( calories burned higher than calories ingested)
    Read the MFP "Most Helpful Post" at the beginning of this board. There is good information there.
    Any activity is good, even walking. Congratulations for starting with Zumba, it is cardio and you have fun doing it
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I eat whatever I want as long as it fits within my calories for the day. Once I hit my calorie total, I stop eating. It's calories in vs calories out.
  • tammymoorestepp
    tammymoorestepp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Walking has really helped me in the past. I am restarting my weight loss journey today. Scheduling time for it and making it a habit is a must. I understand the binge eating.. Try to find a replacement for your chocolate..maybe a 100 calorie version of chocolate chip cookies or something.. Good Luck!!
  • Fitnesspromiddleton
    Fitnesspromiddleton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Drink water and keep your nutrition balance! Watch the stress too. Add protein to every meal.
  • alipie420
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice! Definitely going to replace my chocolate with a lower calorie chocolate snack. Also, I will check out the Most Helpful Post. I also ride my bike alot rather than walk, but trying to find better zumba to get into. Thanks again for the support!
  • Jaybalee
    Jaybalee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out YouTube for new Zumba routines? They have a ton! I also love popsugar workouts for at home and they are on YouTube. If you have a smart tv is super easy or chromecast works great if not.
  • alipie420
    Options
    Jaybalee wrote: »
    Have you checked out YouTube for new Zumba routines? They have a ton! I also love popsugar workouts for at home and they are on YouTube. If you have a smart tv is super easy or chromecast works great if not.

I have tried a few Zumba routines from YouTube, but haven't found one i really love doing yet . I'll try that out though, thanks! :)