Anyone thinking about entering a fitness competition??

Options
if so, we've got the same kind of extreme goal and we should be friends. =)

I'm trying to go from 18.5% to 16% body fat. Thinking about entering the bikini category. What about you??

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Couple of things: make sure that you're READY to step on stage by 2 weeks out. If you aren't, you probably won't be ready. The last 2 weeks is to just tweek things up like posing, breathing correctly (not letting your diaphram push out your abs) and figuring out correct color (spray tan) for the stage. Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am a far way off but thinking of making it a goal for next year. This year I have a few duathlons lined up which means a lot of focus on cardio for the time being. I do love lifting though and competing has a been something I've been interested in for over a decade but have never had the confidence, time, or what-have-you to seriously go for. Where I currently live there aren't any competitions that I can find but we will probably be moving next year.
  • Kie_Hughes
    Kie_Hughes Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to do bodybuilding or physique comps. Always get told to do it and it annoys me when I see people come first and I feel I'm in better condition than them. Just haven't got a spare minute lately though
  • EmmaCat013
    EmmaCat013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Couple of things: make sure that you're READY to step on stage by 2 weeks out. If you aren't, you probably won't be ready. The last 2 weeks is to just tweek things up like posing, breathing correctly (not letting your diaphram push out your abs) and figuring out correct color (spray tan) for the stage. Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Oddly enough diaphragm breathing is something I've forgotten how to do! Not being able to do it automatically has seriously impacted by overall lung capacity I think. =\
  • EmmaCat013
    Options
    Kie_Hughes wrote: »
    I'm tempted to do bodybuilding or physique comps. Always get told to do it and it annoys me when I see people come first and I feel I'm in better condition than them. Just haven't got a spare minute lately though

You'll never really know until you get out there. ;)

• NutritionHealth4Life
    NutritionHealth4Life Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So glad to see your post.
  • tdenneyfitness
    tdenneyfitness Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have my first Physique Teens Bodybuilding show coming up this July! I can't tell you how excited I am! I practice posing every day, and honestly, I think I'm going to do extremely well. Good luck
  • m_keezy35
    m_keezy35 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've done my first powerlifting meet as a junior (23yrs at 72kg weightclass) and now i'm in open (24yrs @ goal 63kg). The atmosphere of those events are just amazing. Every person in that room cheers you on. All one team trying to achieve their goals. My current goal is going down a weight class. I've been using myfitnesspal for almost 2 months and lost 13lbs total and have 10 more. you have to train hard to get where you want to be. motivation is definitely key
  • EmmaCat013
    Options
    I have my first Physique Teens Bodybuilding show coming up this July! I can't tell you how excited I am! I practice posing every day, and honestly, I think I'm going to do extremely well. Good luck

That's very exciting! I'd love to hear how it goes.
  • EmmaCat013
    Options
    mcvt wrote: »
    I've done my first powerlifting meet as a junior (23yrs at 72kg weightclass) and now i'm in open (24yrs @ goal 63kg). The atmosphere of those events are just amazing. Every person in that room cheers you on. All one team trying to achieve their goals. My current goal is going down a weight class. I've been using myfitnesspal for almost 2 months and lost 13lbs total and have 10 more. you have to train hard to get where you want to be. motivation is definitely key

I don't really know much about powerlifting. What do you do?

After 13lbs, 10 will be nothing!
  • a10derlady
    a10derlady Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. I'm an older woman wanting to do fitness competitions. I am still a long way off and will probably train for another year before taking up my first one. I have a trainer, who is helping me get there, teaching me how to lift, eat, etc. So I'm on the right track. Good luck to you!