Only on my 5th day...

Options
Hi, I am still fairly new on here and today is my 5th day.

Replies

• SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    Just keep at it. It will come off heck i just lost 2.2 in four days using the wii fit plus. I love it. I do know how it feels to get discouraged try to only weigh yourself once a week.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    uh, wow, I think it could be all the junk food you are eating. Your sodium is through the roof and all you eat is processed junk. Do you ever eat fruit or vegetables?

Sorry to be so blunt, but you have to start eating better healthier foods.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    How much under are you? Weigh yourself once a week, it is more exciting that way. :)
  • liam_mccaff
    Options
    Yer just give it a chance try to resist checking the scales everyday and just have one day per week and track it like that and you will see a difference try and stick to the same time you weigh yourself to e.g. early morning : ) dont quit!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It's only been 5 days! Just think where you will be in a year or two from now. Don't give up it is a new lifestyle. Slow and Stready and it will be forever.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    KFC, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Subway...Little Debbie Snack Cakes....You may be under your calorie totals, but WHAT you are eating is a lot of bad stuff. The weight won't come off if you keep eating like that, IMO.

Also, 5 days isn't long enough to really be looking yet.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    uhm can you say fast food... is this a serious post?
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I see you arent tracking the amount of fat in your foods. I would highly recommend tracking that! If you are eating lots of fatty foods and sodium (soo...the fast food and the little debbie cakes....etc) your body is going to retain sodium (hello bloating) and do little to nothing on the scale.

Ditch the McDonalds, Subway, and whatever else was there and get 'the' to a grocery store. Try to stick to healthier items like whole wheat products, food with minimal ingredients, and drink lots of water.

It takes more than five days to see results.
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    Not trying to be rude...with goals set up with a physician my sodium is actually not one of the concerns. Because of a female health problem our only concerns are Carbs, Sugars, and Protien! So thanks for your input but my carbs, sugars, and protien are perfect on the goals (most of the time are well under )
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Stick to it. Consistency is key!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be rude...with goals set up with a physician my sodium is actually not one of the concerns. Because of a female health problem our only concerns are Carbs, Sugars, and Protien! So thanks for your input but my carbs, sugars, and protien are perfect on the goals (most of the time are well under )

:huh: losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise...

have you heard the saying " You cant exercise away a bad diet." I would look at your diet, and look at more than just the calorie count, look at the composition of the food, what kind of carbs what kind of protein, there is a difference, there are good and bads, and there is a reason that fast food is a HUGE HUGE HUGE contributor to obesity in america.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I will start by saying some may not agree with me.

My first question is do you have a heart rate monitior? If you don't then you are like me and have to go by the calculations that MFP gives you for what calories you are burning. I tend to think that they are over estimated, especially for my size. (5'2/134) I don't eat back my exercise calories. Since I feel that they are over estimated I don't eat them back or if I do it is just a few.
    But the important part is I ALWAYS eat the amount of calories it gives me at the beginning of the day. I get 1200 so I always eat 1200 no mater what.
    I took a quick look at you diary and it seems like you aren't eating all of your beginning calories and those you do eat have a lot of sodium. I know its just your 5th day and it takes time to learn good foods. Great job tracking though!!!!
    Eat you beginning calories every day, watch your sodium, drink your 8 glasses of water, and give it some time and you will be successful!!! I also weigh every day, but only track it on Wednesday.
    Hope this helps and if you want you can add me as a friend and I will always cheer you on!!!!
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    I will start by saying some may not agree with me.

My first question is do you have a heart rate monitior? If you don't then you are like me and have to go by the calculations that MFP gives you for what calories you are burning. I tend to think that they are over estimated, especially for my size. (5'2/134) I don't eat back my exercise calories. Since I feel that they are over estimated I don't eat them back or if I do it is just a few.
    But the important part is I ALWAYS eat the amount of calories it gives me at the beginning of the day. I get 1200 so I always eat 1200 no mater what.
    I took a quick look at you diary and it seems like you aren't eating all of your beginning calories and those you do eat have a lot of sodium. I know its just your 5th day and it takes time to learn good foods. Great job tracking though!!!!
    Eat you beginning calories every day, watch your sodium, drink your 8 glasses of water, and give it some time and you will be successful!!! I also weigh every day, but only track it on Wednesday.
    Hope this helps and if you want you can add me as a friend and I will always cheer you on!!!!

I have to say the best answer yet! lol During all exercises especially with Curves we track our heart rate and recalculate it with each single exercise! Only on the first week changing eating habits is of coarse one of the biggest things.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    wow. you need to eat real food. I cant believe your first week of a diet and you eat all that crap. What were you eating before??
  • caeliumspecto
    caeliumspecto Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    One reason you may not see "results" early on is you are using weight machines, right? (That's what I remember from Curves anyway...) Muscle weighs more than fat, so you may not see results immediately.

Everyone has given you great advice: don't sweat it yet, only check once a week, eat healthier, etc. Something I noticed though... your profile says you're pregnant.

More than anything else, I think you definitely need to shape up your eating habits. Go see a nutritionist or look for credible information on a healthy and balanced diet for pregnancy. Definitely cut out processed and simple sugars: what you eat goes straight to your baby, so be careful. I also recommend getting on prenatal vitamins if you haven't already. You may want to get on Calcium/Vitamin D as well, but consult a doctor if you can.

I assume you're still early along, so I think using light weights is fine... but you should make sure you don't over do things. My mother induced labor with me several weeks early by digging fence post holes. (I don't think you're that crazy, I'm just trying to make a point.)

Just be careful. Take a deep breath. The weight should start coming off soon.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options

I can't imagine your doctor supporting the food choices you are making. And he might not care about sodium, but the sodium intake is going to affect your weight loss if you are retaining water.

And if you are concerned about sugar, it's also WAY too high, most days you are well over. None of it is coming from whole fruit and veggies.

As we are suggesting, get rid of the junk and just try to eat a balanced healthy diet.

Find a copy of the movie "Super size me" and it might help you understand!!!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. Fast food, Little Debbies, bags of chips... none of these foods are healthy and they all contain a large amount of sodium, sugars and carbs. If you want to lose weight and be healthy, you need to drink lots of water and eat as clean as possible. By this I mean prepare your own meals, lean meats (chicken and fish), lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, etc. This isn't any secret and if you really wanted advice, you would be open to the suggestions others have been giving you.
  • sjhoffman
    sjhoffman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to MFP! I see a lot of people are suggesting healthier food choices and more cooking at home, but depending on your schedule that might not be possible all the time. I think by tracking over time you will see what the better choices are for your nutrient goals at the restaurants you do visit. That's what I'm starting to be able to see after being here for about a month.

And as several people have said, 5 days isn't very long yet! I weigh every day, but only track once a week since I go up and down almost daily.