fitness trackers

Options
so I'm just starting to look into maybe purchasing a fitness tracker and not sure where to start. I am interested in tracking accurately cals burned, steps taken or km/miles taken if i run, possible heart rate as well (not sure if i really need that feature though). I am in canada if that makes a difference on brand. looking for something not too pricey but one that works. I looked on amazon and they sell them too. if u have one have u found any pros and cons. is there one specific for women on the market? do they all go on your wrist?
thanks for any recommendations

Replies

• lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    just wanted to add that I feel a fitness tracker would be more accurate then going by my cell or what the treadmill logs
  • stinegulliksen
    stinegulliksen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit Charge HR. I´ve been able to loose almost 30 kg in the last year wearing it, and trusting the calorie count. When I exercise I also use a Polar watch and hr belt. The calories burned are almost the same. It counts steps, km, calories, heart rate (which makes the calorie count more accurate, and floors claimed (though I question this functions accuracy).

I love it, and it´s been a huge motivation for me.
  • vickymessmann
    vickymessmann Posts: 8 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have a fitbit One. You can clip it on the waist of your pants or on your bra. Mine is always clipped on my bra except when I'm in the pool. I saw a woman the other day with hers on her shoe. Even though they fit tight I would be afraid of it coming off while I walk. I love the One. It tracks your steps, stairs you've climbed, distance, sleep, and calories burned. It also has a clock on it. This does not come with a wrist band. I had something with a wrist band and I didn't care for it. Wearing it on my bra conceals it. They are just under $100 in the US.
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    how accurate is it tracking cals burned if its not on a wrist?