uneven weightloss

Options
i am losing weight uneven. any exercises to target my side and stomach one side is getting smaller but not the other? ideas on how to fix please?

Replies

• carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, you'll just have to wait for the other side to catch up :/ .
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thanks. that's what i was afraid of.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Could it be that you have more muscle (under the fat) on one side than the other? People can't control where they lose fat from, but generally, it is strange to lose it from one side of your body more than the other. Am I misunderstanding?
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. I thought I would never lose my Buddha belly. It's almost gone now. As are my saddlebags. Also my boobs. Oh well...two out of three isn't bad!
  • myaminals
    Options
    nope. one side is flabbier then the other. the one side of my stomach and side is getting smaller and one is not.
  • NewyRob
    NewyRob Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Our musculoskeletal structure is rarely symmetrical. I would doubt that any differences in fat loss are all that noticeable. My thought would be that your frame (muscles and skeleton) is slightly asymmetrical and you are noticing differences in your shape. Why not just get healthy and fitter, and look like a healthy, fit, ordinary asymmetrical human being? Good luck.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Slight difference is normal, no one is completely symmetrical. Different eyes, one ear higher than the other, marginally different size breasts, etc. however, if it's a large difference, you may have a hernia (torn or damaged muscle) that is becoming more apparent with loss of the fat covering it. Fat changes consistency when you lose. Example is firm flab starts to feel squishy and doughy. But if it stays really assymetrical after the fat loss catches up then possibly a hernia.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    myaminals wrote: »
    nope. one side is flabbier then the other. the one side of my stomach and side is getting smaller and one is not.

I had that too and now its even. so it will even out over time most likely.especially in my stomach as well
  • myaminals
    Options

I had that too and now its even. so it will even out over time most likely.especially in my stomach as well

thank you everyone for your help. CharlieBeansmomTracey how long did it take you to even out?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

thank you everyone for your help. CharlieBeansmomTracey how long did it take you to even out?

cant say how long it took. I didnt keep track. I have been working on losing weight for almost 4 years(in aug) I still have 15-25 lbs to go though. Plus it will probably be different for everyone. so my result time may differ from yours
  • myaminals
    Options
    ok thank you!
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Keep up the good work and it will all even out!
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My love handles are different sizes. ?! Oh well. I'll just be glad when they're gone!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm uneven too! My back fat is almost gone on the right side but I still have some on the left and I also have more fat on the love handle area on the left! I'm really hoping it will even up!
  • myaminals
    Options
    me 2! hopefully us that need to even out will soon. thanks for the replies.
  • Makaiookami
    Makaiookami Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When someone is trying to tell you how to lose weight in specific areas, what they are doing is trying to sell you some stupid crap, in order to exploit your insecurity.

It might help to tell yourself that. "They just want my money, they are exploiting their looks, and my insecurities, I'm beautiful, and getting healthier all the time!"