Running shoes

Options
Anyone have a favored running shoe? Looking to spend $80-100 if it is worth it.

Replies

• KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the fit. What works for me probably won't work for you if our feet are shaped differently.
  • kelseyg22
    kelseyg22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Correct. U can go to a running specialty store to b fitted for the best type of shoe for u. Which fits best and is best for the way u run. I really love Asics due to the arch support, wideness, and extra coushion. Other people like Brooks or saucony...good luck!
  • A_mills08
    A_mills08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Definitely understand not one shoe fits all! I just feel like there are some shoes out there that I have concidered
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    You should be looking for a type or style of shoe, not a brand. Go to a running store and explain how much you can spend. Let them look at your gait and they will show you shoes from many companies that will work. Then you have to decide what you like.

I personally rotate between 3 different brands. Today I wore Nike, earlier this week I wore my Saucony's, and last week I wore Brooks. All have pros and cons, but all are made for 'my' feet.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My personal preference is for New Balance or Mizuno. I feel like they give my toes more room. My feet are too wide for certain brands (I am looking at you, Nike!), but not wide enough for a wide width shoe, so I need more room in the toe box.

I want to a running store once and they sold me shoes that made my legs scream. I wore them twice and gave them to my mother. Now, I do my own research and order online. Check out Runner's World to start.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    New balance for me, but get fitted and pick what's best for you.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    aim_3 wrote: »
    My personal preference is for New Balance or Mizuno. I feel like they give my toes more room. My feet are too wide for certain brands (I am looking at you, Nike!), but not wide enough for a wide width shoe, so I need more room in the toe box.

I want to a running store once and they sold me shoes that made my legs scream. I wore them twice and gave them to my mother. Now, I do my own research and order online. Check out Runner's World to start.

Why did you not return them??? That's part of the deal at a good running store. Don't like the shoes, take them back and get ones you do like.
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It was a bit of a drive to get there, and the shoes worked for my mom, so it wasn't a big deal. I got what I needed somewhere else.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I've been running in Nike Frees for almost 3 years on and off. They are a very minimalist type of shoe however so it depends on how much support you might need ;)
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nike and Brooks are awesome
  • Run_for_my_life
    Run_for_my_life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I spent 120 on my shoes because the pain is not worth it.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't let myself go in with a brand or price range, I just have to go with what feels right and stops me pronating (I go to a shop which films you running in each pair). Sometimes I luck out and the best ones are cheap, sometimes they are more than I want to spend. Sometimes they look good, sometimes they are ugly. None of that can matter - if can only be what suits your running style.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Only you can know your perfect running shoe. Perfect shoe for me might be the absolute worst shoe for you.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Only you can know your perfect running shoe. Perfect shoe for me might be the absolute worst shoe for you.

Ditto! And feet change... what worked for you last year might not work for you this year, especially if you've lost or gained weight. I love going to a local running store. these are businesses that keep the running community going. Free group runs, seminars, personal fitting - well worth it. Please don't buy online to save a few bucks.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on your individual needs. Everyone is different. Go to a running store and get fitted properly. As an example, I know a ton of people who swear by Nike Free, but they do nothing for me. Spend the time and money to get fitted, you won't regret it.