Just had chick fil a for first time....

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah it's what I used to have too. I haven't gone back in 3 years though, and not planning to.

KFC has been hit and miss for me, frankly. I loved it 8 years ago then weight to another one and it was mediocre. I had a double down 2 years ago though and that was tasty, but I haven't been back since.

I liked Popeyes when I had it 3 weeks ago, but the chicken burned my mouth (dunno if it was the spices or salt). Not planning to go back again.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Chicken biscuits and waffle fries make me happy.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Never understood the awe towards Chick-Fil-A from my Atlanta based colleagues. Similarly never understood the whole Krispy Creme either. And they tried. To be fair, most of the Canadian colleagues were not overly impressed with either. Now that being said, they didn't understand our love of Swiss Chalet :-) or poutine.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    If you really wanna know, here's a reverse-engineered CFA chicken sandwich:
    http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/07/the-food-lab-how-to-make-a-chick-fil-a-sandwich-at-home.html

The chicken patties sit in pickle brine for 6 hours, supposedly, and then the breading has a lot of seasoning.
    Buns are buttered and toasted.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love the cobb salad with their apple cider vinegar dressing. I do agree that it is the breaded chicken that is the bomb. The closest one to me is over an hour away so it is a rare treat making it not as painful to pay almost $8 for a salad.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I like the fried sandwiches and I love the ice milk icecream.
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not a fan either. Stay away from fast food!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    epeart11 wrote: »
    Not a fan either. Stay away from fast food!

Why? It can be occasionally fit into both calorie and macro goals. There's nothing inherently unhealthy about it. The only unhealthy problem with fast food is a person's inability to moderate and plan, which can be applied to any food. In those cases, the unhealthy part lies with the person and not the food.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love chickfila. I always order off the kids menu. Only 2 less nuggets, still filling and way cheaper than an adult meal. I can't give my my chickfila sauce even though the calories are outrageous.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    This post actually hurts my heart. I LOVE Chich-Fil-A. However, I agree with everyone else that you have to get the fried chicken sandwich. I just plan my day around it. If you want a healthier choice their chicken wrap is really, really good too.

The Chick-Fil-A sauce, which is pure heaven, has a ton of calories, but again, I plan for it.

Now I want Chick-Fil-A and it's a Sunday :'(
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    The calories and sodium content are off the charts!

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Meal
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    All these people obsessed with this place and I still don't get it. And I love chicken!
  • ninavalentine
    ninavalentine Posts: 131 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I personally HATE the stuff. Their chicken tastes like it has been injected with a gallon of salt water and the texture seems like it has, too. I have a friend who loves the place and when I go with her I get the wrap. Still super salty but the calories are doable and it tastes, meh, okay.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I would have LOL'ed at "Superfood Salad". Especially in a fast food joint. I occasionally eat at McDonald's, In-n-Out, Jack in the Box, Del Taco, etc. - but I don't go there with the health benefits of their meals in mind.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Never been - we don't don't have them here. Will try next time I'm in the USA.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    original.gif?w=558

Fabio Cow would like to remind everyone of the community guidelines:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics and posts, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion.

All references to the politics of Chik-Fil-A, from any perspective, have been removed. People who wish to discuss that are welcome to create a topic in a group.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Chik-Fil-A is something I don't understand the appeal of either, even before I took my weight loss journey seriously. I tried it because people couldn't shut up about how awesome it was, so fine, I'll try it. I had a better fried chicken sandwich at BK or KFC. It was meh at best and I've never had any interest in going back.