My feet hurt like hell

Options
After about 10-15 minutes of walking or doing any sort of cardio. It is right in the middle/top of my foot near the arcch. Horrible, shooting pains. I have flat feet, could this be the problem, that my shoes aren't meant for flat feet?

Replies

• emalliakos
    emalliakos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have flat feet and this happens to me if my shoes don't have enough support. This is also the reason I can't run. you need to buy some arch supports for your shoes. I get mine at Walmart. They just slide right into your shoe and working out or even just walking will be much less painful.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yikes, kind of sounds like what I felt like when I had a stress fracture in my foot. I would get to a podiatrist immediately. At the very least he can look at your shoes and help you decide if you need inserts. I was out for 8 weeks in a boot when I broke my foot. :angry:

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You may have to change that shoe and go to a running type store to purchase shoes or see your podiatrist. Right now my Left Arch is a problem. Fine when walking around until I sit still and it just hurts like hell when I try to walk again. If this continues with me... I will be doing as I suggested as well.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have normal feet, but I get pains in JUST my right foot. I honestly think it's from when I messed it up when I was super young and never got it properly fixed. It's jacked up, and I've yet to find a good shoe to help this! :/
  • dandi1
    dandi1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been doing cardio for a couple of months now and about a month ago I started expierencing horible pain on my left heel. Tunrs out I have plantar facistiios (sp). Now withstanding I went to a special shore store that fits shoes for runners and walkers. It is called Fleet Feet, and they have stores all over the US. Look for one in your area. They examine your feet, measure your feet both standing and sitting and your arches. They go into great detail about foot issues and they fit you with the proper shoes and proper inserts. Well worth your time, I wish I had done this months ago. Good luck.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    I fractured the navicular bone in my left foot 2 years ago and the only way I can walk now is with custom orthotics from the podiatrist. Your pain sounds a lot like mine...I LOVE my podiatrist. He saved my life. I would easily be 50 pounds heavier if I hadn't gone to him and figured out a way I could keep moving...find a good one.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a visit to a good podiatrist. I had excruciating pain in my feet when running for years. I finally was reduced to tears during a workout, and decided enough was enough. My visit was, by far, one of the most informative visits to a DR. in my life. I learned that the shape of my foot was causing tendonitis in my arch, hence the pain. Since my foot shape is rare, none of the inserts, shoes, socks, etc would have ever helped. He added some additional blocking to my insert as a test, and the pain was gone immediately. Like literally, immediately. It was crazy!

I'm now investing in custom orthotics since I'm starting to train for a half marathon.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks for the replies! I don't have insurance so I will try the foot inserts first, then see about finding a podiatrist if it doesn't get better
  • jeremy145
    jeremy145 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yep, you definitely need good inserts that support the foot. I also wear gravity defyer shoes with my orthotics and they are really great. This is the pair I got a while ago http://bit.ly/j2X8fz and I'm thinking of trying some of their other shoes. But if you are staying active on your feet, these are definitely the way to go.

J