Does anyone take a Saturday or Sunday off and still lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• PurpleOrchid531
    PurpleOrchid531 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't take weekends off. We have a lot of family parties since our families are local and if I completely take it off, I would wipe out my whole week's worth of work. I have tended to go over my calories as I can't get to the gym on weekends (I also work every other weekend which doesn't help) but I don't go crazy over. For me it's a psychological thing too as if I slack off on weekends, I will think it's OK to cheat during the week as well.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've tried in the past and its never worked out for me in the long run.
    I keep a pretty rigid opinion now that banking/cheat days just sabotage, because it reinforces that food is in more than one category. But that's me; some people sing the praises of how well it works to keep them on track, so I say do it for a few weeks and if you are happy with the results then run with it :)

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    No, but today is Sunday, that could change.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I usually enjoy myself every week as long as I'm hitting my weekly goals. Tonight I'll be having a huge burger and sweet potato fries, a good appetizer, and maybe some dessert if I feel like it(:
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Race days, I just log, and say,"F it" to calorie goals.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I just try to make sure I have enough calories saved during the week to offset my weekends. When we agreed to start trying to eat healthier and lose weight, the one compromise my husband and I agreed not to make was giving up our weekend brunches and I LOVE my waffles. :)
    I still try to make good choices, but sometimes, like yesterday, I'll eat a cheese quesadilla for lunch or something stupid like that. Usually, too, we go for a long hike on the weekend to offset some of our munching, but it's very rainy this weekend. I'll be spending some time working out this afternoon, I think. :)
  • cthakkar1985
    cthakkar1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have 1 day a week (usually Saturday) where I can go over my calorie goal by about 800 calories. Doing this puts me at maintenance for the day, so I won't improve, but I won't get worse either. I get to pick however I want to use those calories e.g. alcohol, 1 big cheat meal, big dessert after dinner, etc. I am still hitting my weight loss goals each week like clockwork. Gives me something to look forward to and mentally keeps me going.
  • codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have been banking calories during the week because I know that Saturday and Sunday I will go over at least one day if not both. Most of our socializing and interaction with friends occurs around food, and very little of it is of the low calorie variety. However, I do try to track everything, or at least my best guess, and I make sure I am at a deficit for the week. I use a spreadsheet to track everyday and give me feedback for the week. So far this is working. As I get closer to my goal, I suspect I will need to be more careful.
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Me! I run a larger deficit during the week for
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    No. I don't. I've tried to ''bank'' my calories for a weekend night, but I can't get myself to eat a typical restaurant main course. And one glass of wine satisfies me plenty, so what's the point of waiting for one day a week? I'd rather eat and drink whenever I want what I want. Within limits, of course.
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes, I save up calories for weekends by eating less in the week. I use a spreadsheet too to keep on track. Losing a steady 1lb a week.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tbh our body doesn't know dats all it does is lose or gain weight over time depending on how much we eat water retention medication etc
    You could have weekends off eat 2000 calories so stil lose
    You need to maybe add up your weekly allowed calories have kessxmonday to Friday so you've more for weekends

EG : 1500x 7= 10,500 a week

Monday to Friday 1200 X 5 = 6000 calories

Leaves 2250 Saturday & Sunday each
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yes, having a day where I can eat what I want keeps me on track the other 6 days of the week. Of course I "try" to keep Saturday calories at maintaince but if I go over a bit that's fine too. I just adjust my calories to eat less other days of the week. I pre-log everything and that might mean putting in a "quick add" with the amount of calories I think I will eat, and then I track my weekly deficit in the nutrition tab. I am aware that if I add a 2nd maintaince day or more that my weight loss for the week will be very small, but sometimes it's worth it like on special occasions like birthday weekends.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I take at least one day off a week to splurge...but when I splurge, it is more like 1800 calories instead of 1300. I am losing weight slower, but still losing. I am looking at this as a full lifestyle change, not a diet, so if it takes me 5 months to lose the 20 pounds I am ok with it. I can't fathom not having a really nice (with wine), not so lean dinner once a week.