20 days in!

Options
It's been 20 days since I started and I don't have any weight loss. At this point shouldn't I see at least 1-5 pounds dropping? I plan to beef up my exercise this week to see if I can get better results. Any tips or ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I got 2600 calories or so and i changed it to 2000 right away also i started walking my dog too ive lost 14 lbs in 17 days
  • Ntumpkin1
    Ntumpkin1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow.... I'll try that. Maybe I need to lower my daily calories. Thanks! I didn't even know I could do that.
  • redhopewash
    redhopewash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used my fitness pal in the past and lost 40 pounds and gained half of it back so last week was my first time back at it,I lost 5 pounds my first week.I walked 30 minutes a day when I can,if I cant walk I try to incorporate some kind of exercise in my day somehow for at least 30 minutes.I make sure I am always under my calorie goal,with my weight and height I supposed to eat like 2500 cals a day but fitness pal lower your cals for you anyway and I eat 1600 a day. I really take time and look at my nutrition labels and try to eat healthy foods and snacks and see what foods I can eat more of that will make me fuller and not go over my cals.I hope this helps you,stay encourage you can do it.
  • melissacblack
    melissacblack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    the key for me has been to be honest about how much activity I actually do. I have a desk job and can be sedentary from day to day. If I can fit in a workout, fantastic! If I get a walk in, great, but that's icing on the cake. I focus on healthy eating. I changed the settings in MFP to "sedentary" that way MFP calculates only the calories I need and adds calories if I get a work out - it seems more flexible and realistic. Not sure if this is the same for you?
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food? Measuring isn't very accurate so if you are not weighing that could be the problem.