Lost, Gained, and Back.

Options
Hi all,

About 2 years ago I weighed 206 pounds. I was able to lose 75 with MFP, exercise, and eating healthy. Lots changed since then- I worked at a gym and was surrounded by fitness, I was dating a personal trainer who has awesome nutrition dedication, and logging was really easy for me.

Things started going way downhill for me around the holidays. I started dating someone new who actually ate like a normal person. I started trying all the holiday foods and realized I missed them- which led to a binge-eating disorder from way too much restricting. I also got a job where I'm sitting most of the day. So I've gained a lot more back than what I would like and I've been feeling awful about it. Time to get back to logging, but learning moderation at the same time. I don't want to restrict like I used to and need to focus on being more balanced. I'm feeling pretty discouraged from having to start over again. It sucks admitting that I slipped back to how I used to be and I'm frustrated I let it get so far. Feel free to add me! If you've been in the same boat or if you've got this down and can be some motivation for me, I miss the community! :)

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You are not alone in this. I had lost all my weight and was doing well at keeping it off, then the holidays came about and some back pain and pound by pound I put 20 of it back on. YIKES. The hard part though was admitting that I needed to regain control.

I will tell you that getting online and coming here as often as I can helps a lot. I like supporting others and seeing their daily progress.

I will send you a friend request and we can do this together
  • sdort156
    sdort156 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It already feels great to be back and seeing people who have the same goals. I really missed out on that but got so tired of logging!
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.... I lost 30 lbs a few years ago in which I have gained every bit of it back. I'm back again and I have relost 9 lbs of it. I'm kicking myself in The butt for stopping when I was doing so good. Not this time.... I will not stop again. Add me if you want because I haven't figured out how to add people on here.