Does doing insanity workouts help with weight loss?

Options
Lately I haven't been losing weight, even though I am eating healthy & working out. I've looked online that other people who have stopped losing weight started doing insanity workouts. Does doing insanity workouts help more then just normal cardio & lifting? And does it show better results?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    What you need is a calorie deficit. Eating "healthy" and working out will not make you lose fat unless the amount of calories you consume changes.
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Before spending money on insanity, make sure you're logging correctly then look on YouTube for fitness blender, hasfit and befit channels lots of different workouts and completely free..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I actually gained scale weight doing insanity, but I lost inches and increased my fitness LOADS... so that's a win for me!
  • cammy_b3
    cammy_b3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Insanity.........speaks volumes . Eat well. And do exercise you enjoy. But u do need a minus in cals. Eat a little less do a little more
  • rippedhippie
    rippedhippie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good Program
  • cococat24
    cococat24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've done it before, and yes you will definitely burn lots not lots of calories during lol. I liked it, it's fun, it's not for everyone but if you like a good hard workout in your own home it's great. Lol when I first tried it out I thought the warm up was a workout
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is through your diet, not your exercise. If you are eating too much now, you will not lose weight no matter how much exercise you do.
  • darrinotoole
    darrinotoole Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs doing it the first time, so yes it does. But that's by killing yourself on each drill every time and adhering to a strict diet in tandem with it.
  • demitri_316
    demitri_316 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    cococat24 wrote: »
    I've done it before, and yes you will definitely burn lots not lots of calories during lol. I liked it, it's fun, it's not for everyone but if you like a good hard workout in your own home it's great. Lol when I first tried it out I thought the warm up was a workout

Lol I second that...with the warm up its am intense workout thats focus on keeping your heart rate UP....T-25 is not so intense thou
  • Chelsmarie61
    Chelsmarie61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Weight loss is through your diet, not your exercise. If you are eating too much now, you will not lose weight no matter how much exercise you do.

I've been eating healthy throughout my journey yet has only been able to lose 25 pounds in 7 months. I feel as if I up my workouts that I'll be able to see better results.
  • Chelsmarie61
    Chelsmarie61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs doing it the first time, so yes it does. But that's by killing yourself on each drill every time and adhering to a strict diet in tandem with it.

How long did it take you to lose 60lbs doing the program?
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs doing Insanity and logging my food in MFP. I lost the weight over 9 months. It ended up being 1.25 lbs a week.

Insanity works if you are diligent with your calories and doing the workout.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit through exercise.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My cousin lost 50 lb and has kept it off by doing Insanity. He and his family also have adopted better nutrition habits. I don't know if it is better than any other program, but he really likes it and has been really consistent with it.
  • stubbzie05
    stubbzie05 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a Metafit instructor (very similar to insanity just a different brand). Doing a H.I.I.T is the best way to exercise to lose weight. You continue to burn calories for up to 24 hours! Of course you must still keep healthy.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% eating less calories than you burn.
    If you use insanity, and eat less calories than you burn, yes it will help weight loss.
    But, if you use insanity (or any other exercise) and eat more calories than you burn, you will most likely gain weight.
    Depending on the information, some say 80% calorie deficit, 20% exercise. Some sources say 80% calorie deficit, 10% exercise, 10% genetics. Which ever you accept, eating less calories than you burn = weight loss.
    Eating more calories than you burn = weight gain.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds doing Insanity and after 1.5 rounds I had the best abs of my life. It's a great program. I did count calories but I was eating 1700-1900 each day.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    spcmartinm wrote: »
    I lost 10 pounds doing Insanity and after 1.5 rounds I had the best abs of my life. It's a great program. I did count calories but I was eating 1700-1900 each day.

I went from 130 to 120 at 5'3 and 32 years old.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Can someone talk a little bit more about the Insanity workout and the schedule and the recommended eating that goes along with it? That info isn't on the website. How many workout per week, and how long is eat workout? Does the program include dietary changes?
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Can someone talk a little bit more about the Insanity workout and the schedule and the recommended eating that goes along with it? That info isn't on the website. How many workout per week, and how long is eat workout? Does the program include dietary changes?

You can Google the workout schedule and go to images. The Diet booklet that came with it is very meh. I would rather just count calories normally.

The first month excersizes are 30-45 min in length. The second month or Max ones are 50-60 min in length. The second month is where the weight really comes off.