Hello Again!

Options
Long story short, after a pretty serious ankle injury, I had to take a leave of absence. I couldn't walk, and you can bet I couldn't run. The only thing I could really do is sit and eat :neutral:. I was feeling pretty crappy about it and deleted my old account entirely. But I've been back at it for a month now doing strength training and getting my cardio back up, but I haven't been able to drop my weight back down to what it was pre-injury. Ready to meet some new friends so we can motivate each other through our weight-loss journey! Hit me up! :smile:

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    Welcome back.
    Please note that Exercise is for fitness and health.
    eating at a deficit is needed for decreasing body weight
    Focus on your nutrition, use a food scale, weigh everything you eat, log it at MFP.
    I had 3 leg surgeries and I could not walk for 5 months. It takes time, please be patient and manage your expectations. Continue with your rehab exercises.
    Good luck in your recovery
  • stolen_spoon
    stolen_spoon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wouldn't be exercising if I didn't want to build strength. I've been back at exercising for about a month, and my last physio was in December. Thank you for your encouraging words :smiley: