Any night shift nurses?!

Options
It's hard enough when you have a regular schedule to eat good snd schedule exercise. Throw night shift in there and ugh! Trying on the daily, some days are better than others. Trying to have more "good days" and create a balance. Follow me and I'll follow you! We can help each other! Also @fitnessfocusedpike on IG

Replies

• kinicole92
    kinicole92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shifter in healthcare too! Looking for some buddies!
  • rnbetty05
    rnbetty05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also a night shifter (for the last 12 years). The struggle is real! Looking for some support and friendship.
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Night nurse here!
  • kelsb801
    kelsb801 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a night and day shift nurse, split about 50/50
  • nurseuback2health
    nurseuback2health Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Night nurse here! Finding it REALLY hard to manage my eating habits
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real.
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Not a nurse but a nightshift worker (13 year) and still as tough as the first day I did it
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a 12hr shift working nurse. The flip-flop rotation schedule is a killer! So hard to keep logging on the flop... Hard to do much of anything on the flop. Feels like the worst hangover ever... 16years later, and it still feels the same. I do keep trying though!
    I fall off the wagon, but I seem to always manage to climb back on! If you wanna be friends and have someone to complain to sometimes and also keep motivating each other, feel free to be my friend!
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Night nurse here! Finding it REALLY hard to manage my eating habits

The only way I can manage it is to pack my lunches the same as if I were working day shift. My trainer/nutrition councillor said that as long as you are awake, your body needs food at LEAST every 4hrs. It doesn't matter if you've eaten all day before your shift. The body is awake: feed it. She said you need to feed the body before it even knows it's hungry. Keep nuts in your pocket, or a protein shake on your desk for when you don't have time.... Then a healthy meal when you can take a break will keep you from snacking on junk all night long!
  • daddymountford1990
    daddymountford1990 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Night shift security deputy supervisor over here lol
  • pike83
    pike83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    amyadell wrote: »
    I'm a 12hr shift working nurse. The flip-flop rotation schedule is a killer! So hard to keep logging on the flop... Hard to do much of anything on the flop. Feels like the worst hangover ever... 16years later, and it still feels the same. I do keep trying though!
    I fall off the wagon, but I seem to always manage to climb back on! If you wanna be friends and have someone to complain to sometimes and also keep motivating each other, feel free to be my friend!

I'm with ya! Definitely alot of ups and downs... I added you!
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    12 HR night shift nurse here. Happy to have friends to support!
  • hombug30
    hombug30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New nurse on nights.... I feel like I eat 24/7.... Help!!
  • Badgergrl247
    Badgergrl247 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    12 hour night shift nurse here as well. Any nurses or non nurses please feel free to add me. :smile: